Chapter 18

Third Person POV

With all the thoughts running through my head, it started hurting her head. She sat at the corner of her queen-sized bed looking out the window. Gazing upon the sky, she was struck by the darkness of the night, darker than smeared charcoal, small splashes of gold glittering here and there as if an artist had brazenly attempted to light it without aim; smoky grey clouds deteriorate under the fluorescent silver beams of the moon, as  though they were shadows to be banished.

Laura got changed out of her pjs into her jogging outfit. Her hair was tied into a pony tail and wore body hugging pants paired with racer-back tanks. She slowly opened her door which made a creaking sound. She tipped toed her was out of the house not wanting to wake up anyone. 

Jogging at night really helped her calm herself down and allowed her to relieve the stress. She was all tensed up just now for no actual reason. Maybe she was paranoid that the kiss might have affect their relationship. She didn't like it when she and Ross weren't talking and she didn't want it to happen again. 

She let out a huge sigh once she left the house and took out her phone and earpiece. Listening to her music kept her pumped up and helped her keep track of the time. She followed her jogging routine jogging to Griffith Park. 

No one was in sight. Usually there would be some other people jogging too. Looks like they weren't around. She decided to take a break and walked over to a bench. She looked around for a while reliving the moments spent there. She looked at the swings where Ross would always push her. Sometimes he would get playful and push Laura as strong as he could. Once he accidentally pushed her off the swing. She looked at her forearm. That incident left a scar on her arm but didn't mind as it reminded her of Ross.

She looked at the bench. The bench where she slept when she ran away from home. The bench where Ross found her. She slightly smiled at the moments she shared with Ross. She didn't know what feeling was that in her. 

Then, a gust of cool wind hit her in the face. It started getting chilly. She had forgotten to bring along her jacket and decided that it was a good idea to start making her way back to her home. 

A hand suddenly wrapped around her wrist. She instantly froze in her steps. She didn't know who it was. She started to think all negative of whats gonna happen. What if it was a murderer or worse! A rapist! A chill ran down her spine. The hand started tugging on hers. She swiftly turned around a kicked the mysterious person in the crotch.

He immediately collapsed to the ground, experiencing excruciating pain. Laura was shocked. She didn't know whether she should run or not. She bent down to the person, revealing the persons' face by removing the hoddy that was in the way.

The face was all scrunched up in pain but she could easily tell who it was. Guilt covered her face as she started comforting the person

"Oh my gosh! Ross! I'm so so sorry! I thought you were a rapist or something." She apologised not knowing how to help. She helped Ross who was struggling to sit up sit up. He shook his head saying in between groans "It's-not your -fault." 

-------------------

After he had recovered from the painful episode, Laura started scolding him lightly slapping his back "Why did you have to act so creepy! Did you know how much you scared me! Why scant you be a normal person and just call my name instead of walking up to me as if you wanted to kill me." 

Ross lightly pushed her aside not wanting to get hit anymore."Chill! I just wanted to talk to you." He said scratching his head"Gee. Was it really necessary to hit me?" Laura innocently smiled and asked "Why are you even doing here anyway?" 

"I wanted to ask you the same thing missy. What are you talking about? I come here every night for my daily jog." He said with a pissed toned. Laura stayed silent. She didn't want to tell him that she was thinking about him. "Ohh! I was just. Urm. You know? Jogging?" She managed to make up an excuse. 

He decided to just wave off the situation and stood up putting a hand in front of Laura "Wanna go home?" She gladly took it and stood up. They were so close to each other. Like only an inch away. Lost in his eyes, Laura started leaning closer toward him. Ross knew what Laura was trying to do and looked at her lips. 

He knew what he was doing was wrong and snapped back to reality, pushing her away. Laura was sad at first but immediately flushed her face with redness. The walk back was awkward. Ross tried to initiate a conversation but Laura's awkwardness kept making it hard for him. 

All Laura could think of was what she almost did. What was wrong with her? Why was she craving his lips against hers? She couldn't think straight. This walk was suppose to help her get herself together but instead it might made things worse. Urgh!