Chapter 21

Ross POV

"Ring!" another day, a new start. Well it wasn't a great start to the day to be really honest with ya. Last night, couldn't sleep at all! It seemed like someone actually replaced my bed to a rock. Just when I finally close my eyes, about to doze off my freakin alarm goes off. 

Tossing the alarm to the corner of my room, hoping the impact was hard enough to break it. With hundreds of them in the storeroom, I couldn't care less if it breaks into pieces. Rolling over to the other side, he used his arm to look for a extra pillow and covered his ears with it, trying to get comfortable again.

"RINGGGGGG!" Seriously! This alarm won't give up! Reluctantly, he got off his bed, picked up his alarm clock which was bouncing up and down on the floor and walked to his toilet with eyes closed. With a bruise on his head from hitting the wall while sleep walking, he smirked at the clock, giving it some last words.

"Bye bye." the clock landed in the toilet bowl water with a splash. Still tired, he just dozed off on the ground, not giving a damn shit that he was sleeping on the floor. At last, peace and quiet~

"ROSS! They're leaving!" Wait what?!? What time is it? Ross jerked up from the floor, hitting the sink in the process. He looked at the clock on the wall, completely ignoring the fact that his head just knocked onto the sink. 7:45?!? Shit! I have to go! But then his eyes started to close again. 'Just another minute won't hurt right?' he thought to himself laying back on the floor.

Rocky entered the room informing Ross they were leaving  for school and without a single response from Ross he just left, assuming he heard him. 'Go without me.' he muttered to himself.

End of POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Laura's POV

It's already 9 and Ross isn't here yet. He had already missed the first two periods of school and today was just the first day of school in a brand new year. I turned to Rocky who was busy trying to tell pretty lame jokes to some girls which is his way to get girls. Pretty lame if you ask me. I tapped his shoulder to try get his attention. He turned around with a broad smile probably thinking that he had made the girls fall for his 'charms'.

Over his shoulders, I could see the girls taking the opportunity to make a run for it, escaping before its too late. At least they didn't reject him on the spot? That would really hurt his feelings.(trying to be positive)

I was about to ask him about Ross when I suddenly heard a familiar voice calling my name. "Laura!" I heard, coming from behind. The person pushed Rocky away not in a polite way but a harsh kind of way. 

"Laura! I've been looking everywhere for you!" Zayn panted as if he just ran a 50km marathon. "What do you want?" I sighed trying to walk away. As always, he grabbed my wrist, twirling me back to him. "I want you." he said sexily. I scrunched up my face and signalled Rocky to get Zayn away.

Zayn was the typical popular kid in school. He was that messed up kid in school, sick in every way and all he wants to have are girls and right now, he was after me. Rocky walked up to Zayn and barked at him to back off. What I like about Rocky is the way he gets defensive when it comes to family. He would always stand up for them despite his goofy attitude which sometimes can be really really annoying.

Then I felt a hand slam onto my right shoulder. I instantly turned around, about to put my karate skills to use when I realised that it was just Ross. He looked like a mess. His shirt was on backward and his beanie looked like it was about to fall off any moment which I suppose Ross wore to cover the fact that he didn't bother to style his hair. Beads of pesperation rolled down his face and somehow managed to sweat more than Zayn who was still getting lectured by Rocky.

I crossed my arms at him."Why are you late?" tilting my head to the side. He somehow manage to still look good despite the sweat and the questionable outfit choice. Was that a bright yellow shirt underneath his black leather jacket? A light blue beanie and white jeans? WOW! Thats what I call a bad day. His hair surprisingly managed to look effortlessly gorgeous. The best part was it was literally effortless. Not even combed in fact.

"Don't judge" looking at Laura who was totally judging him. He kept quiet for a bit, catching his breath. "Slept in." walking toward his locker to get ready for the next period. "Chemistry right?" Poking his head from behind his locker to look at Laura who was still figuring out what the hell he was wearing. I snapped out of it and shook my head saying" It's already past first period dummy. You were so late that you've missed two period already. Next period is precalculus with me. The bell is going to ring soon. You better hurry and get the situation going on on your body fixed asap." 

Ross looked down at his skirt and jeans when his beanie fell off his head. I stifled a laugh, walking toward Rocky who successfully manage to shoo Zayn away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Please take out your textbook and turn to page 394. Today we'll be talking about Properties of functions." Mr Finn said in his boring voice. I took out my note book and started to vigorously copy down all the points Mr Finn talked about. 

I swiftly looked to my side to check on Ross who has managed to peacefully fall asleep behind his textbook that was in front of him to cover the fact he was sleeping. As Mr Finn talked, he started walking towards me and Ross. I started panicking, kicking Ross' leg as hard as i could to wake him up before the teacher could catch him. "Ross!" I whispered loudly in his ear.

"Whats the problem Miss marano?" He said taking a step closer after every word. "I see you are talking to Ross during my class eh." He looked mad. Real mad. He looked at Ross and realised that he had been sleeping the whole time! 

Now he looked like a volcano which would erupt any time soon. "Detention! Both of you! After school!" Ross jolted up awake, clueless to what was going on earlier. He thought to himself for a bit and looked up to find a angry Mr Finn glaring at him. What a thing to wake up to. His eyes immediately widen when he figured out what was going on. He looked at Laura with a 'why didn't you wake me up' face and Laura glared back with a 'thanks a lot Ross' face, rolling her eyes and faced the white board, continue listening to the boring talk.