Chapter 19

Lightning came like a rip in the inky night, as if behind the dark canvass was a brilliant light just waiting to flood through any crack no matter how small.

"Laura! Quickly! It's gonna rain!" Ross shouted pulling Laura along. "I can run you know" She said unhappy about the feeling about being pulled.

Ross ignored her comment. He could feel drops of water dripping onto his body. Neither of them brought an umbrella along not expecting to get greeted my a thunder storm on the way back.

He did some quick calculations. With the current rate of speed they were travelling and the distance they were away from home, they would not make it back in time.

Ross didn't want him not Laura to get drenched under the rain, resulting in either of them getting sick. He swiftly bent down and scooped Laura onto his arms, carrying her bridal style.

He ran as fast as he could, trying to avoid getting caught in the oncoming storm. Laura was shocked at what Ross did but seemed to not mind. She didn't have to waste her energy running. Who wouldn't want that?

"Am I heavy?" Laura suddenly asked. Ross looked down to her with his face all sweaty and red. He shook his head smiling,"Not at all. You're nothing compared to the dumbbells I workout with."

Laura playfully slapped his drenched in sweat chest, giggling,"Don't you dare compliment yourself." Ross looked at her with a smirk, wiggling his eyebrow.

Laura simply shook her head and just stared at Ross' perfectly imperfect face. He started panting and looked at the sky, sighing. "Tired?" Laura teased.

"Not at all" he managed to say in between pants. Their house wasn't that far away but nature just had to be cruel to them and it started pouring.

"Damn it!" Ross muttered. Laura patted his chest signalling she wanted to get down. Ross didnt want to give up. He wanted to be a gentleman and carry his 'sister' back home.

Laura allowed him to do so, enjoying looking at him struggling to carry her. The rain water was reducing the friction that was allowing Ross to carry Laura with ease.

They reached the front porch where there was shelter. He immediately put Laura down and fell to the ground with a loud 'thud' holding onto his chest trying to breathe normally. He removed his jacket revealing his well toned body which was hiding underneath all the heavy clothing.

Laura staring at his 6 pack, practically drooling at her sight. Ross looked up just in time to catch her looking. He smirked and decided to tease her a bit.

"Like what you see?" He said elbowing Laura a bit. She zoned back into reality. She was caught red handed and her face start turning into a light sad of pink, blushing.

"I'll take that as a yes" he said still teasing. Laura rolled her eyes, smiling a little," Come on. We gotta get dry before we get sick!" She opened the door but was pulled back by the cheeky Ross who went in before her acting like a little 4 year old kid.

He had a goofy smile on his face, sticking his tongue out at her. She giggled at the look of his face and went into her room grabbing a towel. Ross followed behind her with a towel whipping off the water on his body.

"What are you doing here? Go back to sleep. It's only 1 in the morning." Laura said drying her hair.

"Okay. Goodnight" he said passing out on her bed. She turned around annoyed and got up her bed and started jumping to wake him up," Not on my bed! On yours!"

He ignored the movement caused by Laura and pulled her onto the bed, encircling his arms around her waist and his head lolls to her shoulders.

Laura didnt object and just snuggled up with him too, getting cozy with him. She closed her eyes resting her head on the crook of his neck. Ross didnt mind it and ran his hands through her long brown curly locks, closing his eyes as well.

It was nice. They finally got to spend some quality time together after the kiss. Comfortable in the position they were in, they both fell asleep in each other arms.