Chapter 1

Laura's POV

Hey! My name is Laura Marano and I am currently 15 years old. I live in an orphanage with my sister-Vanessa Marano who is 18. Let me tell you living here is bullshit! The tragedy caused us to be living here started a few years back...

*Flashback*

Damiano: You kids are a pathetic piece of shit! (kicks Laura and Vanessa)

Laura: (falls to the ground crying)

Vanessa: (groans in pain) Sto-p!

Damiano: Don't tell me what to do missy!( kicks Vanessa in the stomach)

Vanessa: (coughs out blood)

Laura: (runs to Vanessa and cries) Vanessa! (looks at her Damiano) How could you! To your flesh and blood!

Damiano: (smirks) You worthless people were never my flesh and blood! You belong with your mother in hell! (start pushes her and tackling her)

Laura: (hits her head hard on the wall)(unconscious)

*In the hospital*

Laura: (feels dizzy)Where am I?( scans the area and sees Vanessa sitting on the edge of her bed crying)

Vanessa: (looks up and sees Laura) You're up. (smiles)

Laura:(weakly smiles) What happened?

Vanessa: (looks down again and starts sobbing) While dad was trying to kill you, I instantly wiped out my phone and called the police and ambulance. They took us to the hospital when they found you unconscious and took dad to jail.

Laura:(hugs her) Thank you.

*End of Flashback*(still Laura's POV)

That was what happened. Ever since mom passed away, he has been using us as a punching bag to relieve his stress. I miss mom. She died when she gave birth to me. Its all my fault.

Laura: (holding a picture of her mom) Sorry.

Vanessa: (walks in and sees her sister having a moment) Hey.

Laura:(sees her sister) (wipes her tears and smiles) Hey.

Vanessa: Ava wants us to meet someone! Come on!

Laura: (Nods and follows her sister)

*Downstairs*

Ava- their orphanage guardian: You're gonna love them (turns around and sees the sisters coming) There they are. Laura meet Stormie and Mark Lynch! They're adopting you!(smiles widely)

Laura:(shouts) No way!

Vanessa: Yes way! Now come one! Lets get our bags!

With that we left

End of POV

Hey guys! I hope you liked this chapter! This is my first ever book which is inspired by JayceeGraceParker! Thanks to all who read this! And don't forget ago comment and vote!