Chapter 66

Gravity Falls

Outside of Poseidon's Catch

Dipper was holding the door for Wendy as they left the restaurant. She had no sooner gotten through the door before she reached over and ruffled his hair before he put on his hat. He took her hand and they headed towards the woods at the back of the parking lot.

"Ok, the food there was better than Mabel let on but who she went with may have affected her judgment.", Dipper said as they walked.

"Remember the lobster she brought to the Shack after that. What ever happened to it?", Wendy asked offhandedly.

"Well," Dipper said rubbing the back of his neck, "Stan saw that she had no real attachment to it and while she was on another one of those 'dates' Stan made seafood stew for dinner. I didn't find out till afterwords and as far as Mabel knows Stan it released it into the lake."

"Sounds like Stan," Wendy said shaking her head, "Oh guess what."

"Durland and Blubs are adopting Geoff?", Dipper joked as they walked into the woods.

With a chuckle Wendy punched his arm and said, "No, dork. Dad gave me a reprieve for apocalypse training this year, since well I was the only family member to actually survive one."

"Wait, that means you'll be here for Christmas!", Dipper said as he realized what all that meant.

"Yep, so you better be ready for a cheesy Christmas movie marathons, candy canes, home made fudge," Wendy smiled as she thought about stuff she had missed since her mother passed away. They still did the training but she had always made sure they had the one day to celebrate.

"Someone to spend the holiday with," Dipper added pulling her into a hug as they walked.

Once they were far enough into the woods to not be seen Wendy reached for the ax hosted in her forearm. Once it was out and she had transformed, she asked, "Well, what's next on your plan Dip?"

"Are you up to seeing if the theater is open, with this weather I'm not too sure it will be though. It's really coming down," Dipper said as he watched the snow melt as it fell towards her.

"We could try, I wouldn't mind sitting in a dark theater with you snuggled close to me.", Wendy said with a smirk as she watched him get even redder than the cold air had made him.

Shrinking down to the size of a Military Mac figure, Dipper jumped into her hand and then she ghosted away.

Road heading into Gravity Falls

The weather had been getting worse as Wildbill and Adam traveled closer to the town they soon will call home. Both vehicles were almost crawling to get into the underpass that lead into town.

Concentrating solely on driving on the slick road, Wildbill nearly jumped out of his clothes when his phone went off. He hit the button to answer it and asked, "Whatcha want Adam?"

"Just got done talking to Stan, we're still going to the Shack but there is someone else in the room we were using.", Adam's voice came through the speakers.

"Well, shoot. Where are we gonna go then?", Wildbill asked since he couldn't remember if Adam knew about the living arrangements in the Bunker.

"He said you already had a room elsewhere, and I can get one right near there.", Adam replied.

"Okay, good.", Wildbill said, "I'm gonna get back to concentrating on this road. We'll talk more once we get to the Shack. Shouldn't be more than a half hour to forty-five minutes at this pace."