Chapter 65

Heading north on I-5

After he had listened to the last weather report, Wildbill dialed Adam.

"Whatcha want this time Will?", Adam asked jokingly.

"Didn't know if you were listening to the radio, we'll be driving straight into a severe snow storm once we get closer to Gravity Falls.", Wildbill replied, "I hope you can remember how to drive in the snow, California Boy."

"I'm a Hoosier born and bred, of course I do.", Adam called back through the speaker.

"Good, cause I don't want those kids to be come orphans.", Wildbill said, "With that weather alert we may want to stop and refill the tanks in case we get stuck somewhere."

"Let's wait till we cross into Oregon if we can," Adam said as he agreed with the idea.

"Sounds good to me", Wildbill replied, "Call back if you need anything."

"Alright," Adam said before he hung up.

Mystery Shack

After everyone had processed the full information (and calmed Stan and Tony down) the group broke up into different segments and they went off to do what they feel they can to help. Tambry grabbed Tony and dragged him down to the Bunker to help her on the net and to check out what equipment has been installed in her new Temple. Francis and Candy followed Ford down to his lab to go over some of his reference papers about the town and it's various laws.

Dipper started to go with them when he was stopped by the trio of Pacifica, Mabel, and Grenda. Looking at them he asked, "Ok, what's going on girls?"

"Yeah, what's up guys?", Wendy asked looking over at the girls.

"Dip, Wends, we discussed this last night at the sleepover. You two have been together longer than any of us other than Grenda and Marius," Mable said looking between Dipper and Wendy, "But other than your Movie Nights and what time you spend together here, you two haven't went out on a date yet. We know you had one planned for today and we're not gonna let you cancel it just cause Preston is being a poopyhead."

"But don't you guys need our help?", Dipper questioned.

"Brain wise right now we have Tambry, Tony, Francis, Candy, and Ford working on this. We can do with out you for one night dweeb," Pacifica said as she playfully gave him a shove towards Wendy. With a wink she continued, "besides your sister won't let me take her on a date until you two have had one."

"Come on, Dip. Even I know when we're beaten," Wendy said with a chuckle. She pulled Pacifica and Mabel into a hug before she added, "You two know how to reach us if you need us."

"Of course sis," Mabel said without thinking.

"Well, let's get going.", Wendy said pulling Dipper away before he could comment on what Mabel said.

Gleeful residence

Gather around the living room, the three ladies are seated the living room. The TV was on but only Charlene seemed to be paying any attention to it.

"Blair, I still can't believe you haven't put out an Amber Alert on the shrimp yet?", Jennifer said as she played with a stack of video game cartridges.

"Well what am I supposed to say when they ask where my aunt and uncle are at?", Blair said getting up and starting to pace, "They asked me to come visit and the next day after I arrive they're gone. I wake up to find a note that my uncle was taking my aunt to a sanatorium in Arizona and that they needed me to watch my 'liddle' cousin, who always adored me. But he had changed, he was no longer my little pal who helped me fleece anyone we could. Someone in this town had changed him."