Chapter 55

Forsythe Middle School

Dipper is still on his phone with Wendy as the rest of the crew are reading the mass text from Tambry. As one they all seem to forget about what they were talking about just a moment ago. On reflex Francis and Grenda grab a hold of Tony's arms to keep him from rushing off after whoever attacked Thompson.

"Alright we'll let the Grunkles and Soos know and then we'll get to the hospital asap," Dipper said while waving for the others to keep quiet, "Wait, Lee and Nate are heading where before they go to the hospital?"

"Guys, you can let go. I'm not going to run off and try to fight someone till I know who I'm going to fight.", Tony said as he looked at his brother and Grenda, "Though we should probably ask Nate and Lee what the guy who attacked Thompson yesterday looks like."

"Wait, Thompson was attacked yesterday?", Mabel asked as she stopped looking in her art supplies to see if she had grabbed her get well stickers.

"Yeah, someone gave him a swirly and was trying for a second one when Nate and Lee stopped him. It appeared to have something to do with him dating Alexa, or at least that's what Tambry thought. I'm surprised Wendy didn't say anything about.", Tony explained. Remembering what the gang went through yesterday he face-palmed before he continued, "oh yeah that's right."

"How are we going to get to the hospital?", Candy asked looking around at her friends.

"I'll call my limo...", Pacifica started before her face fell, "shoot, can't do that anymore."

Mabel leaned over and hugged her.

Suddenly Pacifica's face lit up, pulling her phone back out she started dialing. As she waited for the call to be picked up she said, "Come on, come on, answer."

Pacing she finally heard a voice, as she started to speak she stopped and ended to call. Turning back to the group she cursed, "Dang it. He must be down in the Bunker."

"Who?", Grenda asked.

"McGucket, I was gonna see if he still had the Humvee. We could have all fit in it easily," Pacifica answered.

"Who would have driven it? We all still have two and a half to three years before we can get our beginners, let alone our license.", Francis pragmatically said.

"Alright guys, here's the deal.", Dipper said now that he was off of the phone. Gathering everyone in a huddle he continued, "Nate and Lee are heading to Nate's house to check on and pick up Alexa. Apparently her uncle was being a royal pain so she crashed there last night. Wendy is going to get Tambry there her way. And I/m thinking we get a secluded spot and Mabel takes us close and we walk from there. Wendy gave me the rundown about yesterday. Nate and Lee gave Blubs the description of yesterday's attacker, but we'll get it from them when we see them."

"How is he?", Mabel asked. She just had her brother and future sis-in-law injured yesterday, she really didn't want to have another friend injured so quickly.

"He was stable, but unresponsive." Dipper said to the group. He looked around at them all before he stopped on Mabel and continued, "That's all Wendy could hear while she ghosted into the area to watch over him. As soon as we can get you a chance I want you in that room and working your magic, ok Mabs."

"Of course, he's one of us.", Mabel replied in a deeply serious tone. Dipper and Pacifica noticed she seemed to be slipping back into the mood she was in after Patrick and Jacob had been attacked.

They broke the huddle and started to look for some where they could go so no one would see them disappear. As they looked Dipper dialed the Shack.