Chapter 52

Mystery Shack

Twins Room

Wildbill quickly lifted Dipper up to Mabel's bed. He pulled the shirt away from where the wound should be and saw that he was bleeding through his skin, there was no wound.

"What did you do you dang fool?", Wendy called as she looked over at her boyfriend and her best friend.

"He did what you would do, he sacrificed his well-being to help you.", Mabel said as she placed a hand on her friend's shoulder, "Now I need to try and help him."

Mabel walked over to her brother and placed her hand over the wound. Drawing upon her powers she intoned, "Yovhhrmt Lu Oruv!"

The blood seeping from his skin began to slow. Now all they could do was wait.

Indianapolis, IN

Visions Comics Home Office

Inside an office near the top floor two men were in the middle of a conversation. They looked like total opposites the one behind the desk was shorter, skinnier, had short black hair, glasses, dressed in a buttoned down shirt and slacks, and had an excited look about him. The other man was taller, well built, had long brown hair pulled into a pony tail, was dressed in a t-shirt and jeans, and really looked apathetic about being in there.

"Look Alan, listen to me. This is a great chance here," the smaller man said as he got up from behind the desk and walked around towards the other man. As he leaned against the desk he continued, "We're talking something that has never been done before. Think about it, a comic book company creating it's own real life super hero team. With people out there starting to exhibit abilities, this is the perfect time to do it before someone else beats us to it."

"Ok. And you brought me here why exactly, Jer?", Alan asked as he looked over at the shorter man.

"Well for one mom told me about you did to the meter-maid and the chick the was crying over her dead dog. She said you thought you were able to change people's emotions," Jerry said to his brother. Alan started to say something but Jerry stopped him, "Let me finish, please. The other reason is ever since you lost your federal job after the incident, you have been nothing but a layabout sponging off of mom. You need to get out and do stuff. You need a new purpose."

"What I need is for my family to butt out of my life," Alan said as he started to get up, "And for your information, I wasn't fired I quit."

"Yeah, yeah." Jerry said walking around to the front of his taller brother, putting a finger on his chest he stopped him and continued, "But you still have all of your training and if I know you, you still want to do something to help people. This would be the perfect opportunity to do so."

"I'll have final say over everything involving me and my likeness?", Alan said giving in to his younger brother.

"Certainly," Jerry said before he went back behind his desk. As he sat down he continued, "Now we just need to figure out how to do the recruiting. Maybe we can hold tryouts at Pryor Stadium."

Muskogee, OK

Honoré University

In an alley just off campus at Honoré College, a young couple sat in a car about to make a decision that will change one of theirs lives forever.

"Joanna, are you sure you want to go through with this?", Mike said as he looked over a the gothic beauty sitting next to him.

"Yeah, I'm sure, Mike.", Joanna replied