Chapter 15

Gravity Falls 7:30 PM

Mystery Shack

Former Wax Museum room

"Alright Candy, have you been keeping up on the movement of the tracker. We want to have a good idea where to start looking tomorrow once we have all of the supplies here and ready." Wendy said, still trying to figure out how she had become the de facto leader of their motley crew since the twins and the Stan's aren't here.

"Yes, and I have the program set to run all night to keep track of his movements. By tomorrow we should have a complete analysis of his movements and be able to find out if he is able to help us find the creature. I have also been in touch with Fiddleford, he will have a better analysis of the tail by the morning." Candy said as she was sitting at the computer. "He has also said he, Nate, and Lee will be bringing the gear tomorrow, plus something else in case we need it."

"Well, that all sounds good. For now I'd say let's have everybody go home and get some rest. Tomorrow we go hunting.", Wendy says as she get's up and looks around at the group that was already gathered; Grenda, Candy, Pacifica, Soos, & Melody. The rest will be here tomorrow. Just then her text message goes off, she looks down and it's from Mabel. "Soos can you run the girls, home. Dad knows I'm staying the night here, I'm gonna go get some roof time for a bit."

"Alright," Soos says in his normal jovial manner before turning to the girls, "Ok lil ladies, who's house first?"

"Well we've both told our mom we're staying at Candy's house, so...", Grenda said not finishing the statement.

"Ok, let's go." Soos said leading them out the door.

Pacifica pausing to look at Wendy seeing if she could read the look on Wendy's normally passive face. As far as she knew just her, Wendy, and Soos were the only ones here to have seen the pics of Dipper and since then she was worried for all of her new friends.

Roof top relaxation spot

Wendy opened up the text as soon as she got to the lawn chair:

'Sorry, it took so long. Unka Cowboy told Dip to lay down for a bit after making sure he didn't have any concussion symptoms. Bro-bro just woke up. So anytime is good. Hugs.'

Once she saw the truck pull through the treeline Wendy grabbed her right forearm and pulled out the ax.

Piedmont, California

Dipper's room

"Well this pic definitely helps out a lot, the coloring is wrong for both the Rock Boa and the Cockatrice. I believe they're gonna be hunting a Basilisk.", Dipper said as he looked at the picture that he'd transferred to his phone. Sitting up was a little painful but he wasn't gonna let that get in his way. If he can't be up there to help hunt the creature he would do everything in his power to help from here no matter how much it hurt.

"I'll text Tambry to see if she has found out anything towards the remedy yet?", Mabel said as she stood in the doorway partially to watch out for any parents coming up stairs.

"What's worrying me some is it's getting bolder," Dipper continued, "trying to attack the twins in broad daylight. Luckily..."

"Luckily, I was there to save them." Wendy finished his statement as she appeared in his room. "Dag, man. You looked better after the car crash."

"Well this time I didn't have a seat belt to help protect me." Dipper said with a smirk that hurt just a little.

"You big doofus." Wendy said as rushed over and hugged him, not thinking about either his ribs or the fact that she was still powered up.