Chapter 4

Gravity Falls

Gravity Falls High

"Yo Wendy, did you see the video of Dr. Funtimes kicking the snot out of that bully?", Nate said as the group walked up to Wendy at her locker.

"Yeah, man. Did you teach him that?", Lee joined in on the conversation before Wendy could respond.

"It's everywhere. I've seen it on yourspace, mytube, rublr, greatbook, my blog, I mean everywhere.", Tambry added.

"I didn't think the lil guy had it in him.", Thompson piped in.

"Whatever.", Robbie caustically chimed in.

"Yeah guys, I saw it last night before I talked to him.", Wendy finally was able to answer her friends. "I dunno guys, I'm actually worried about him. Yeah he stood up to the guy, but now he's put a bigger target on his back."

"Whoa, whadya mean?", Nate asked.

"Well for one the father of the guy he fought is pulling his son from his football team for being a bully, that's gonna make him, his friends, and maybe the rest of his team mad. Two he took down a bully and is getting a lot of popularity from the video, that may make the other bullies want to try to take him out now. And finally he's gonna have other people who get picked on looking up to him and that could put pressure on him that I only hope he can handle.", Wendy said with a worried tone in her voice.

They stood there for a moment before they had to split up to head to separate classes. Seeing as Wendy and Tambry were heading to English 2 they stayed together and talked some more.

"Ok, I'll give you that there's all that. But there's more to it, isn't there? You may also be worried about the attention he may start to get from the ladies down there," Tambry teased her friend.

"Wait, no. Psah. What, what are you getting at?" Wendy replied actually stumbling over her words as her normally cool facade slipped a little, "Why would you think that?"

"Well first off after the trip to the DusktoDawn, you actually spent more of your free time with him than you did me and the guys this summer and even when you did hang with us he and his sister would be involved.", Tambry answered.

"Well I couldn't just leave them stuck in the shack with Stan & Soos all of the time, plus Dip's pretty cool once you get to know him." Wendy countered.

"Secondly, you've become very quick to defend him when anyone tries to attack him, verbally or physically, you didn't even do that for Robbie when you guys were dating.", Tambry continued.

"Well he's one of my best friends. I usually defend all of you guys that way." Wendy said trying to defend herself.

"Thirdly," Tambry said counting off a third finger, "after realizing he was gonna get fired from that lifeguard job over the summer you intentionally got yourself fired so he wouldn't feel as bad about losing the chance to work with you."

"Ok, you've got me there.", Wendy admitted, wondering exactly where her friend is going with this, "I couldn't stand to see the lil doof be so downhearted."

"Exhibit number four." Tambry held up a fourth finger now, "You gave him your hat. You've had that thing since your mother's accident. It was the last thing she gave you. And you gave it to him."

"Well he needed to something to remember me by," Wendy was actually blushing at this point, "besides I took his hat in exchange."

"Suurree. That's a good exchange. And now for the fifth and final tidbit. I've been thinking about a lot of stuff ever since Robbie and I got together, you know worried about how it would affect our friendship. And well there was always something about Dipper that was there in the back of my mind, it always felt like I had seen him before. Then it hit me, he reminds me a lot of the first guy you told me you thought was cute.", Tambry remarks not meaning any harm. She was mainly doing this to see how flustered she could get her normally stoic friend.