Chapter 56

Robbie's Van

As with his room, Robbie had cleaned his van till it sparkled. He even planned on taking it to Portland this weekend to get it repainted, probably a silver or green tone. The black just wasn't him anymore and since the band folded there really isn't a need to have the name on it anymore. He also felt it wasn't a good look for the beautiful young lady in the seat next to him.

"So what happened back there? Between us we should have had them eating out of our hands.", Robbie asked as he continued to drive.

"I told you my pheromones only work on guys who are not in love. They seemed to be working on, I think you said his name was Nate, but then suddenly he was back the way he was before we started to talk to them.", Blair replied as she looked down at her lap, she doesn't remember how he did it but he was able to convince her to tell him about her abilities. The only other person she had let know about them before now had been Charlene. While she was thinking this over she said, "It appears that your little enemy must truly love the redhead."

"Yeah, I could've told you that. Our rivalry started over the fact we were both interested in the same girl, Wendy. I had her for awhile till I screwed up," Robbie calmly said as he drove, "apparently he swept in afterwords. It doesn't matter, I've got someone a lot better now."

"Aww, you say the sweetest things.", Blair remarked as she grabbed on to his arm. She held it for a bit before she thought, 'This is weird, why am I school girling over someone who I started dating as a mark. I'm gonna have a good talk with Charlene when I see her, maybe she can help me figure this out.'

"We're here gorgeous," Robbie said as he looked into her eyes and then kissed her.

'Whoa, what was I thinking about. Oh, who cares. I've got a great guy here and he's my inside track to what the Valentinos are hiding,' Blair thought after they released the kiss.

Piedmont, CA

Wildbill's Apartment

With everything but his chair, fridge, and his bed gone Wildbill looked around to see if there was anything he needed to worry about before he headed to Adam's place. Though it will be a chore he had planned on asking Mabel to try and get the truck back up to Gravity Falls, he's going to be driving the Wagon for awhile. His duffel bags are already in the car and his pistol is in the small of his back.

Knock, Knock.

He turned and looked at his door. Of those who knows where he lived, Adam is at work, Mabel is at the hospital with Thompson, and he had just left Antonio. He walked over to the door and looked through the peephole. He saw a badge being held up to be seen.

Opening the door he saw two uniformed and a plain clothes officers. The plain clothes officer introduced himself, "Good afternoon Mr. Hauser, I'm Detective Holenbeck. We'd like you to come down to the station with us to answer a few questions."

"Can I ask what this is about?", Wildbill asked as he looked over at the police officers.

"We're investigating the disappearance of Colleen Raleigh," Detective Holenbeck replied.

"What," Wildbill asked incredulously, "when did she go missing?"

"A little over a week ago," the detective responded, he noticed Wildbill's expression change slightly. Subtly he pounced on this as he asked, "Now is there anything we need to know?"