12; Fùcking formal and all

Amelia

"Matthew!" I shout, gripping my dress so I can run over to him. As I reach him, my arms immediately wrap around his strong shoulders. I snuggle my nose in his hair, inhaling his scent. Oh, dear God.

He holds me by the waist and pulls me back, staring at me with his chocolate eyes. He examines me, checking if I've any damage. Matthew glances back up and meets my own eyes.

"Is it really you, Amels?" he whispers, pursing his lips. I give him a soft smile while nodding. He returns one, but it grows. I notice wrinkles showing at the edge of his eyes and there seems to be a glow showing in his eyes. Without care, Matthew takes me in his arms, again.

I sigh, welcoming this warm embrace. I love this. I missed my older brother.

"I missed you so darn much, Matty," I announce my thoughts. Matthew chuckles, almost teary, and pulls away. He pokes my nose and I flinch back immediately.

"I missed you, too, ugly," he pauses. His eyes glance over my entire face, then down to my dress. "Wowzers, you actually fixed yourself up for once."

My mouth opens and I roughly slap his shoulder. "I see you fixed yourself too, just not your terrible personality," I retort.

It's true though. He did fix himself. He's wearing a nice black blazer jacket matching with his black pair of suit pants with a white button-up underneath. At least he didn't forget to wear gold. He has a gold silk bowtie wrapped underneath his white collar.

Matthew does that playboy smirk and blinks one eye cockily, fixing his bow tie. He pats down his whole suit jacket and points at his pocket on his left. I lift a brow.

"I even have my golden handkerchief." I roll my eyes. How annoying.

"Anyways, how are —"

A deep chuckle bursts beside us, interrupting Matthew. We both turn our heads to my left and see that there's an alpha standing beside us.

I stare at him. "Who are you?"

The man looks sarcasm-ly offended. He places a hand over his heart and frowns.

"Don't you guys know me?" he cockily replies. I open my mouth to speak only to have someone else interrupt me.

"Fùcking prick. What are you doing here?" a certain someone growls. I don't know what comes of me, but my eyes roll annoyed that he has the audacity to approach.

And just like I thought, he wraps his arm protectively around me. His hand grips my waist tight, almost as if I might get pulled away from his grasp. I look at Vincent, wanting to know what's with his attitude, but he just glares straight at the man who came up to Matthew and me.

"Um, Vincent —"

"Amelia, meet the Alpha of your soon to be rival pack." I arch my brows in full surprise. This is the Wild Wolves of Archwood pack. I'm sure my face displayed in recognition because the Alpha's smirk grows.

He bows in front of me and I back up, my left arm touching Vincent's chest. The Alpha that bows in front of me doesn't look like someone I should become enemies with. His coffee-colored hair was tousled messily to the side as his caramel and impish eyes never leave mine.

Grabbing my hands, he places a gentle and lingering kiss on the back of my hand. I can feel the heat rushing from my ears to my face and Vincent's intense gaze isn't doing any help either.

"Nice to meet you, milady. The name's Raymond, but they call me Ray for short," he shortly replies, a smirk never leaving those lips. His voice is soft and melodious but it was nothing compared to Vincent's.

I return the kind gesture and smile at Ray who was going to be my enemy soon. I feel Vincent's grip tighten as I glare at him but he remains silent, his well-defined jaw ticking in irritation.

"Stop trying to be fùcking formal and all," Vincent retorts, throw dangerous flares at every movement Ray shared with me. Ray doesn't say anything and pulls his hand away from my right hand, look up seductively at me.

His hand clench around my waist, having my body turned sideways. A sudden gasp escapes my lips and my right hand softly gets placed on his chest. I don't know what happened, but my left around wraps itself around his own waist and I couldn't help but try to find more comfort. Something deep down inside of me is fond of possessive Vincent.

"Raymond, I think it's time you get the fùck away from Amelia and I. Maybe go look around and get some girls of your own," Vincent says in a very calm manner, it scares me. Ray laughs and throws his head back, laughing even more.

"You're hilarious. A girl I meet might even be from your pack. Do you want that?" he jokes and I notice Vincent's jaw tick.

"Fùck you. Get away from my face before I throw you out myself," Vincent threatens. His grip on me is tighter than before and I feel like there would be bruises left on my hips. I wince softly and that makes Vincent stop his tight hold.

"Whatever. You're the host, lighten up. Be civil," Ray lifts up his glass cup that I didn't even know he was holding and places it on his lips. He drinks every last drop, then harshly slams it into the upcoming waiter's chest. He pushes past the waiter and disappears in the crowd of people.

As soon as he was gone, I let out a sigh of breath.

"He's not that hot, shut up." I ignore Vincent's comment and look at the ground, softly smiling.

"Ladies and Gentlemen!" Everyone's attention gathers up to the man standing between two spiral staircases. The man stands attired in an all-black tuxedo. He looks young but the silver strokes of gray that lay beneath hush hair say otherwise.

 He looks young but the silver strokes of gray that lay beneath hush hair say otherwise

"If you may, please join us and dance. We have all night and plenty of music to dance to. I hope you all are prepared. Now grab someone! Dance! Be the life of the party!" the man shouts while throwing his arms in the air with an ecstatic expression. I giggle as Vincent smirks down at me and drags me to the dance floor.

"Let's dance."