6; Play

Amelia

I was bored. I mean, come on, my mate's busy and I barely know anyone here. Which reminds me, I should check out this place. Since Trevor left me flabbergasted in the hallway, I just decided to roam around the huge mansion.

Somehow, I ended up in their library that had a huge piano by the left side of the window stored up in there. When I say store, I mean, there's a huge cloth covering it. Does no one ever touch it?

I walk over to the piano. It seems to lure me. I've never played piano before and I never intended to, but I felt the need to .. To just touch it. My hand reaches for the cloth, slightly pulling it off the piano, and as it comes off, there it was. A huge, black piano. Just ready to be touched.

It looked new, never contacted. It was spotless, only a beautiful glimmer to it. I wander over to where the clean piano keys were. My eyes rove over the keys with delight. My heart quickens. Excitement runs through me as I take a deep breath. I was so close to placing my fingers on the keys, but it wasn't until something interrupted me.

"What are you doing?" I jump at the hard tone. I turn around to see Him. Tall, broad, dangerous, and handsome. My breath was caught in my throat at the sight of Him. I try opening my mouth to speak, but I couldn't.

"Can you not speak? What are you doing?" Vincent asks, starting to step towards me. His dangerous aura scared me.

"I - uh... I.. I - I was just -" I clear my throat. What's wrong with you, Amelia?! Speak up.

He takes another dangerous step towards me. Somehow, I feel myself losing a lack of oxygen. I stand straight and look at him. "I was walking around and somehow, I ended up here.."

Good job, Amelia. Standing up for myself. I mentally smile to myself. At least I didn't make a fool of myself. He stops. His stare is on me. He studies me for a while and I feel the need to move, but I just stand there.

I look away, not wanting to feel awkward. I feel his stare on me. It was like a hawk ready to prey on his victim. I felt weird. He just kept looking at me, or more. It was as if he could see deep in my soul.

"Did I tell you how stunning you look?" he says out of nowhere. I blink.

"Uh - I .. What?" I look at him, dumbfounded. Vincent realizes what he's done and shakes his head. He looks up again and gives me a look. I raise my right brow.

"Can you play?" he asks, motioning to the piano. What's wrong with him? First, he said I'm stunning, and now he asked if I can play.

"Are you ok-"

"I asked you if you can play. If you can't play, then get out of this room."

Rude much?

I suck in a sharp breath, and try my best to calm my nerves before I lash out on this imbecile — may I add, scary — beast. After calming myself, I slide over to sit on the black marble bench that was inches from the piano itself.

Can you play?

I place my finger lightly on the piano keys. I was scared.

Can you play?

His question kept ringing in my head. Can I play?

There you go again, repeating the question in your own tone, Amelia. I need to stop. I can feel his gaze on me. Ugh, he's rude either way. He talks rudely, and he looks at me when obviously, it makes me all squeamish and giddy inside.

It's rude to look at people when they don't wanna get looked at. I hear him sigh. He's probably getting bored out of his mind.

Yes. Yes. Yes. Get out.