1; Amelia

Miranda Kerr as Amelia Chèrie

****

Amelia

"Ricky, please tell me you've eaten your dinner?" I ask the little boy who looks like he's ready for bed. He sheepishly smiles at me and starts swaying side to side.

"No.. I'm sorry, Amelia," he sadly says as he hangs his head. I smile widely.

This is why I love daycare. There are little pups and they're so adorable. I come here whenever I have time and take care of the pups in my pack.

"Why, you haven't eaten. Do you still wanna eat?" I ask, pretending to look worried. Ricky looks up and sees my worried expression.

"Oh, no. You're mad. Uh... I'll eat Amelia. I'm very hungry and after dinner, I'll really sleep," he says, smiling sweetly at me. I change my expression and smile back.

"Thank you, Ricky. Now, go eat," I demand, pointing at the dining table. A few kids were still surrounding the table, not done with half their plate, yet. I sigh and turn over to the big glass pane on the side of the daycare.

The sun was already setting and a few pack members were returning to their homes. Probably to eat dinner or get to bed. I sit on the little couch that was set in front of the window.

I should explain myself, I'm Amelia Chèrie. I'm exactly 18 years old. I'm a young woman to be exact.

I mentally laugh to myself. I'm not that old.

Anyway, my family in this pack are Betas. My father is a Beta. My brother's going to be the soon-to-be-Beta soon. Which I think is impossible, because I'm better than him. I laugh to myself again.

I'm so dumb. Amelia, you're so dumb.

Alright, well there's something else I should tell you guys. The reason I help out the daycare and take care of the pups is that I can't wait to have my own pups. I want a mate.

Oh, Goddess. I've always wanted a mate. Having a mate is everything. They love you. They protect you. They cherish you. What more can you expect?

I've read many stories about mates and just hearing the word mate makes me all giddy and excited. One day, I'm gonna meet my mate and, oh, my. The whole world is going to stop. It's only gonna be me and him. I mean, that's what I've read from stories and I've also heard that from my parents.

Ugh, I just can't wait to have a mate. How exciting is that?

I feel my cheeks heat up as I think of our mate. I hope he's like my dream guy.

Damon Salvatore. Oh, my god. He's perfect. I mean, just watching him on The Vampire Diaries makes me want to jump him. Damn Elena, she's lucky.

My thoughts were interrupted by the pups shouting, "done."

"Amelia! I'm finished with my dinner," a voice stands out. Ricky.

"You have?" I ask, approaching him. He nods.

"That's great, go clean up and I'll clean the table up," I say, as I lightly push him towards the bathroom.

I turn around and point at the other pups. "Uh, you guys go clean up too. Please?"

They smile widely, nodding, and start following Ricky.

****

"I'm home!" I shout as I open the front door to the packhouse. I grin as I smell my favorite food, Shrimp Alfredo with shredded mozzarella. Oh, my god, that sounds so good right now.