Diagnosed With a Broken Heart

Leila's POV:

I was at home with my mother when I got a call from the hospital, informing me that Miles had been shot. He was rushed into surgery to extract the bullet and get all fixed up. Without hesitation my mother and I rushed over to the hospital. I have never been more scared in my life. When I got to the hospital, the doctors told me that he was shot in the chest, but luckily the bullet had missed any arteries. The doctors are pretty confident that Miles will be just fine, which is a huge relief to me.

I have been sitting next to Miles, by his bed side, ever since I came to the hospital. I haven't let go of his hand ever since. I couldn't lose Miles or it would be the death of me. I needed him to wake up soon because there is something he needs to know.

I squeezed Miles' hand tight and whispered, "Miles baby, you need to wake up. Please wake up."

Just then, one of Miles' friends walked into the room. I turned my head back to look at him. He slowly walked over to me and put his hand on my shoulder. With my right hand, I placed my hand on top of his.

"How are you holding up, Leila?" he asked.

"I'm hanging in there." I replied. "Did you find out who did this to Miles?"

"Yes but your not going to like what you hear."

"Why is that?" I asked.

"Leila, you father was the one who shot Miles."

"What? That can't be right. I can't believe he would do this to me."

I looked down and started to cry. My heart was so broken. Not only was my husband in the hospital, but my father was the one who put him here. I couldn't believe he would result in violence.

"Where is my father?" I asked.

"He is tied down in the guest house with five guards."

I stood up from my seat and leaned over to kiss Miles on the forehead. I squeezed his hand tight, as I whispered, "I'll be right back" into his ear. I asked my mother to stay with Miles, while I went with his friend back home. My mom agreed to stay with my husband, which was good because I needed someone there while I was gone. Miles's friend drove me back to the house, where he showed me into the guest house where my father was tied down to a chair.

I could tell that my father was happy to see me. I don't know why because I wasn't happy to see him at all. I put on my serious face and asked everyone to leave my father and I alone for a moment. The five guards and Miles's friend cleared out of the room.

"How could you?" I started.

"He is not the right man for you Leila, and I know that. He is a dog who's business is not good for you." he continued. "He is a simple dog that needed to be put down."

"How dare you say that to me? Especially since the man you shot it my husband." I snapped back.

"Oh come on Leila, wake up and see that you need to leave him." replied my father.

"No, I don't need to leave him, but I do need to leave you."

I called the guards back into the room. Miles's friend came back into the room with the five guards. He stood next to me and asked, "What would you like me to do?"

"Take me back to the hospital." I said. "And turn my father into the police."