Weekend Getaway

Leila's POV:

It's Friday night, and Miles and I have finally made it to the beach house. I am absolutely hungry, but I am also exhausted. The guards unloaded our suitcases from the car, and brought them inside the beach house. I went to use the restroom, while Miles ordered a pizza for dinner. I looked at myself in the mirror, I looked so tired, that I didn't even bother to fix my hair. 

I went out of the bathroom, to change into my pj's. I put my hair up into a messy bun and washed my face. Once I was done, I went downstairs and joined Miles in the kitchen. 

"Hey, you changed clothes." said Miles

"Yeah, well I feel like I'm going to collapse on the ground, just so I can get some sleep." I teased as I walked over to the couch and took a seat. 

Soon after, the pizza delivery boy arrived with our pizza

Soon after, the pizza delivery boy arrived with our pizza. Miles paid the young man and gave him a tip. Then, he brought it to the family room, where we watched a movie while we ate our pizza. It wasn't long after when I finished eating, that I fell asleep on the couch with Miles next to me. 

***

Miles' POV:

It is ten o'clock at night. The movie has just finished, so I looked over to my right and saw Leila, who is fast asleep on the couch. I turned off the television and picked up Leila, bridal style. I carried her up the stairs and took her to her room. I laid her on top of her bed, while I pulled the covers back. I covered Leila up with the covers and I started walking away when Leila called my name. 

I turned around and said, "I am sorry, I didn't mean to wake you up."

"It's okay and you didn't." replied Leila. "I was just wondering if you mind staying with me for the night."

I was definitely shocked to hear Leila say that. I nodded my head and started walking back over to the bed. I pulled the covers back and climbed into the bed. I was laying down by Leila, when she grabbed my right arm and placed it over her waist. She immediately went to sleep after that, while I stayed up for a couple of minutes. I looked at her while she was fast asleep. I smiled down at her and eventually started to daze off myself. Soon, I was asleep too. 

***

I woke up to the sun shinning on my face. I blinked my eyes a couple of times, so I could adjust to the light. When I was fully awake, I realized that Leila was still asleep. But, she was asleep on my chest. Her left arm was touching my shoulder, while she was still fast asleep. I put my right arm around her back while I put my left hand gently on her head.

I wanted to get up, but I didn't because I didn't want to wake her up

I wanted to get up, but I didn't because I didn't want to wake her up. So, I remained in this position until she woke up. When she did wake up, she lifted her head up from my chest and looked at me. I smiled at her. I knew that she was shocked to wake up in this position, but I don't think she minded it and neither did I.

"Morning." I said quietly.

"Good morning," replied Leila. "How did you sleep?"

"I slept fine, thank you for asking. What about you?"

"I actually slept pretty good." added Leila.