Bad Blood

Miles' POV:

I couldn't believe that Leila's parents were here, standing right in front of me, in my house. My heart started to pick up pace. I became nervous and scared. I didn't want them to think bad of me, even though I did buy there daughter at first. Things were going to become difficult. How were Leila and I going to explain things to them? How will they take it? 

"Who is this young man?" asked Leila's father. 

"This is Miles, my husband." replied Leila. 

Leila's father stuck out his hand for me to shake, so I did. 

"It's nice to meet you Miles." greeted her father. "I must ask, how ever did you find her and get her out of human trafficking?"

I looked down at Leila, while she looked up at me. She took my hand in hers and she started giggling a little bit. I was glad to see that she found this funny because I sure didn't, especially now that I know I am going to be killed by her parents any moment now. 

"What is so funny?" asked her father. 

"Dad, don't be mad but Miles is the one who bought me." explained Leila.

Her father's eyes widened. I could see him getting angry. He stepped forward and made a move, trying to punch me in my face, but I quickly moved so he missed. He did it several other times, but I moved away from his punches. Leila tried to get her father away from me, but he wouldn't give up. I didn't want to hit the man, since he is Leila's father. 

It took a while but Leila stepped in front of me. 

"Stop!" shouted Leila at her father. 

"Leila how could you be married to this man? He is the one that bought you and kept you away from home. Did he force you to marry him?"

"No dad, I love him." screamed Leila. 

Her father stopped trying to pursue me and back off. 

"I cannot believe you Leila." said her father. "How could you do this to yourself?"

"I love him father. And I am home, as long as he is with me."

Leila's father was so mad, that he walked out of the house and slammed the door shut. He called for Leila's mother, but she wouldn't follow him. So, he drove off, leaving Leila's mother here with Leila and I. 

As it turns out, Leila's mother didn't mind her daughter and I being together. I guess she could tell that I really love her daughter. And that must be enough for her to accept that Leila and I are married. We sat in the living room together as Leila and her mother caught up. There were times when she would ask me questions about myself, so she could get to know me a little better. Leila's mother was really nice. She was a very sweet lady, who really cared for her daughter. She kind of reminded me of my mother. I knew that it the two of them met that they would get along just fine.