His Offer

Leila's POV:

I am waiting by the front door for Miles. Today is the day that he leaves for a business meeting that he must attend. I wasn't too happy that he was leaving for a week, but I knew it was something he needed to do. I tried to look on the bright side of things, like how I would have the house all to myself. I could do anything I wanted, as long as my guards followed me around. However, that didn't cheer me up in any way. 

Miles came down the stairs, with his suitcase in his hand. He carried down the stairs and set it down next to the front door. One of his guards took the suitcase out to the car. I tried to fight my tears, but I just couldn't help it. Several tears feel down my cheek, to where Miles noticed. He put his hands gently on my cheeks. 

"Leila, don't cry. I'll be back before you know it." promised Miles. 

"I know, I'm just really going to miss you." I replied, as I put my arms around Miles and gave him a hug. 

Before Miles walked out the front door, he gave me a kiss on the lips. I watched him from the front door, walk over to the SUV and climb in. I saw him drive off in the SUV and lost sight of him from there. I went back into the house and turned on the TV in the family room. I sat down on the couch and watched the show that was playing on the TV. 

Just when I sat down, the doorbell rang, causing Dustin to start barking and going all crazy. I stood up once again and walked to the front door. I told Dustin to sit and then I opened the door. I was shocked and surprised to see Miles's father.

What is he doing here? What does he want?

"Hello Leila, I was wondering if we could talk for a minute." said Miles's father, Mathew. 

"Um I'm not sure about this, after all Miles just left."

"I just want to talk. May I come in?"

I nodded my head and let him in. I closed the door behind us and I led Mathew into Miles's office so we could talk. I immediately regretted this, but now I have to follow it through. Mathew walked around the office for a couple of minutes. He was looking at all the things Miles had in his office.

"So what is it that you wanted to talk about, exactly?" I asked.

"As a lawyer and a concerned father, I know more than you or Miles thinks. I know that you didn't just meet Miles and become his girlfriends. I know that Miles bought you from a human trafficker, so clearly there must be something going on that my wife can't see." started Mathew. 

I was surprised to hear this. I found it odd at how he knew this information, but at the same time, why should I care? That isn't how things are anymore and I know that, but he doesn't.

"Which is why I am going to offer you this deal one time." added Mathew. "I will give you a million dollars, so you can leave this place and never look back. You can start your own life and don't have to look back ever again."

"I am sorry, but I must decline your offer. Whatever you think is happening between Miles and I is wrong. I love your son and I know he loves me. Which is why I must as you to leave now." I snapped.

Mathew didn't move a muscle. So, I called in Michael, who had two guards accompany him.

"Take Mathew outside and back to his car. Make sure that he leaves the property or call the police." I ordered. 

The two guards took Mathew by the arm and led him out of the office. Michael went with them, while I stayed behind in the office. What just happened really hurt me. Is that how people see me? How was I going to tell Miles?