An Explanation

Leila's POV:

It has been three days since the incident between Miles and I. I have been trying to talk to him, but it seems like his business never ends. I feel like I am being avoided and I don't like it. He needs to understand where I stand, and I need to tell him why things didn't go further than they did that night. Things are just awkward for me these days. Living in the same mansion as him is just awkward. But, when can I talk to him?

I am standing outside his office, pacing the floor back and forth. He is in a meeting and I was told by Michael, to not disturb him, but I am considering all of my options. I stopped walking and looked at the door. My heart was pounding so fast that I couldn't hear myself think. Ugh! 

I took a deep breath and I started walking to the door. I turned the door nob and opened the door. I walked into the office and saw Miles sitting at his desk, with his phone in his hand. He looked over at me. I shut the door behind me and stood up tall before I started walking toward him. 

I am standing in front of his desk, looking down at him as he talks into his phone. He looks up at me. I know he wants me to go away, but I am not going to leave. I won't take no for an answer. 

"Hey Mark, I'll call you back in a little bit. There is something I need to do." said Miles through the phone. 

Miles sets his phone on his desk and looks up at me again. 

"Leila, I don't know what you are doing, but I hope for your sake that you never do that again." said Miles. "Now, what do you want?"

"You've been avoiding me." I replied. "We need to talk and I can't think of a better time than right now to do that."

Miles sat back in his chair and waited for me to talk. He made himself comfortable in his chair. I paused for a moment, so I could collect my words. I wanted to make sure everything is done correctly. I don't want something like this to happen again.

"I know we wanted different things Saturday night. I am sorry if I encouraged you in any way. But, you need to know why I stopped you. I know that you bought me and you expect me to obey your every command, but you need to know that I am still a person. I hardly know you; therefore, I don't trust you and won't give myself to you like that." I explained. "However, if you give me time to get to know you, then we can go back down that path."

Miles was silent. I needed him to say something. 

"Okay Leila." said Miles. "And I am sorry if I pushed you."

I smiled at Miles. I walked over to his side of the desk. I sat down on his lap and inched myself closer to him. I gently placed my lips on his, and gave him a kiss. Miles was hesitant to proceed. But, by starting with one kiss, only led to more. Eventually, Miles put his hands on my back, while I kissed his lips. 

When I stopped kissing him, I put my forehead up against his. 

"You can call Mark back, but when your done, you owe me dinner." I teased.

Miles smiled and laughed. But, he did agree to taking me out to dinner tonight.