Chapter 35 : race till terrace

Start from the beginning

I let her sleep in the cold as if I'd surrender my priorities for her , she'd mistook it as love . I didn't want her to love me . I don't deserve love .

After knowing the real truth she'll hate me , the thought of her hating me made me want to hate myself . I've been hated by a lot of people in the past and also in present but I didn't want her to be an add on to that number .

As soon as the door fled open I saw James pointing a gun towards her , precisely he had it placed on her forehead.

"Mr Reynolds , go away . Please ", she cried signaling me to move away . James looked at me smirking evilly .

"Calm down , James ", taking small steps towards him I tried to stop him .

I turned around to examine the footsteps and to my delight it was Mr Caleb with his team of 5 inspectors .  I redirected my attention towards James and Miss Waters . She looked scared , who wouldn't be ?

"go away , Mr Reynolds . Please , I beg of you ", this girl is definitely lunatic . She has someone triggering a gun on her face and all she's doing is caring for me . No one has really cared for me this much after my mom left .

"let's focus on Mr Reynolds's death then ", James turned towards me . His face was plastered with a deadly smirk , he had his gun pointed towards my direction through out. I raised my eyebrows at him amused by his decision . I already had a small plan set up in my mind . Today was James's end , the only person who'll die today would be James .

"Don't you dare "', Amanda yanked the revolver from his hand and possessed it over hers . Who is this woman and what has she done to my innocent troublesome Amanda.

She directed the revolver towards James , her hands shivered while doing the same . I could see her character develop in a much stronger and better way .

"No , baby girl . You're born to play with barbies as you're one . Not with guns ", James snapped an angry look at her.

"I am the barbie you shouldn't fiddle with . Not with me , not with the people I lo----", she paused . Did she mean love ? I somehow knew that she liked me but was she secretly in love with me ?

"Doesn't matters ", her voice shivered and so did her hands .

"keep sane , hit the button . End his story Miss Waters , you can do it ", I tried encouraging her . I was well aware of the fact that Amanda could never hit anyone or take away someone's life . I took small steps towards her to take charge over the revolver .

James had his hands in the air , denoting the fact that he surrendered .  I finally reached Amanda and pulled the revolver from her hands to mine , she sighed .

With every forward step of ours , James took a  step backward. "She doesn't knows, does she ?", James questioned smirking.

"Shut the fuck up ", I tried to stop James . Amanda's face was plastered with confusion . On reaching the dead end of the terrace James took a halt . I pulled the trigger to make a shot .

"Let us take his matter in our concern , don't do this Mr Reynolds . There will be a lot of court proceedings after you kill him . I am afraid it will directly or indirectly affect your name and power ", Mr Caleb looked concerned so I pointed the revolver in the air towards the sky . The gunshot's burst made Amanda catch my fore-arms tightly.

I rubbed her hands comforting her . Suddenly, I heard a noise of some chopper . I focused my direction in the air , the chopper threw  a harness towards James's direction . He quickly caught hold of it and attached it to his belt.

Mr Caleb marched in his direction with his men , I did the same . I tried to stop him before he flew in the air towards the direction of the air-chopper . He kicked some of Mr Caleb's men when they tried to force him down .

"Why the fuck does he have to escape every fucking time ", I threw daggers at Mr Caleb unsatisfied of the security service he and his men were providing .

I revolved my head to have a glimpse of Miss Waters , she looked shattered and broken . "Leave ", I ordered their useless bunch to move away from us . "See you tomorrow , We're leaving this instance ", I informed Mr Caleb , he nodded and left at once .

Yeah , I didn't really intend to leave the place prior to what I planned as it would create an impression in the minds of public that I was scared of James . But no , not anymore . I didn't want to stay here at the cost of her life . She wasn't really safe there too but at least she was safer then here .

Whilst sobbing , she rested her knees on the ground . I wanted to wipe away her tears but I couldn't . I clenched my fist and avoided myself to create any intimacy .

"Hey-hey-hey it's okay ", I solaced .

"No it's n-not ", she stammered ."It's not okay , don't you get it ",  she wailed louder .

"Calm down ", I attempted to relax her.

"He ki-kissed me . He kissed me , he kissed me on my lips ", she started to wipe her lips from her wrists . Her lipstick smudged all over her upper lips and chin. She wept continuously.

How in this fucking world did James kiss her , why couldn't I digest this fact easily? . I pulled her closer to me and engulfed her into a hug . She reciprocated the movement by curling her hands around my back . I rubbed her back as her head was dug into my chest.

"Shush , cry no more . I am here "

"What if he killed you ? I had a dream about it last night "

"So you dream about me, Miss Waters? ", I smirked striving to easy up the mood  .

She pulled away at once and straightened her dress after standing up . "Pack your stuff ", I ordered .

"Right now ?", she interrogated .

"This very moment , let me escort you till the room ", I matched her height and walked accompanying her till our room . After packing our stuffs , we bid final good byes to everyone around we were acquainted with .  Cody and his guy hugged her tightly , I watched them through distance .

I carried my bag along with hers and pushed it in the trunk and closed it . I adjusted the seat belt around my body , she did on hers too as she took the passenger seat next to me without creating any chaos of her desire to sit on the back seat .

When my eyes met hers , she gave a sweet beaming smile . I nodded at her , I attempted to smile back but I couldn't . I inserted the keys and started the car . The road was dark and foggy as it was midnight . I kept driving continuously knowing the fact that it was a long journey . Maybe now was the time when I should speak up the truth .

*****************

Ooa , what is Reynold's hiding ?

Something very unexpected coming up in the next chapter . Stay tuned for more drama .

Vote and comment your views . They make me happy.

Also , my exams ended today so I'll be updating twice a week . Maybe Tuesdays and Fridays.

Like I said earlier , I'd dedicate my last 10-15 chapters to the people who have helped me write this book . So, Surge_Ace thank you for helping me through out. Next dedication could be you , who knows ?