The Meeting of Bellarose:

Monday August 10, 2015

Today is my first official day at Briarcliff Manor. I met Stella, she works the front desk Monday through Friday. Ms. Lamb has told me I can talk to anyone and if I feel uncomfortable just holler for a nurse. I'm going to meet my first patient.

I place my journal in my bag and look around. I spot a girl across the room talking to...well no one. She has long brown hair. I decide to talk to her.

"Hi." I say when I get to her.

" One moment Sally. Hi!"

" I'm Evelyn. What's your name?"

" My name is Bellarose. Sally says she loves your name." she replies.

" Thank you, uh, Sally."

" Why are you here?"

" Oh, I'm doing a project."

" For school?"

" Yeah."

" What grade are you in?" she questions.

" Eleveth."

" Oh my goodness! Same! You have no clue how happy I am, Quite Sally. She's not going to hurt me."

" I'm glad to here. Bellarose, may I ask you a question."

" Sure."

" Do you mind telling me why you're here? For my project?" I ask.

" No, I don't mind. Just one thing."

" Anything."

" Be my friend?"

" I'd love to."

I've made a new friend and her name is Bellarose. She's schizophrenic, but really cool. There's a girl that Bellarose talks to and her name is Sally. Sally's a little weird. She told Bellarose that I was going to hurt her. I have a feeling that Sally tells Bellarose things so she won't talk to anyone else. I hope that we can be able to stay friends and nothing bad happens. Bellarose is here because she almost killed her mother. She didn't tell me much about that, but I understand because we did just meet. However, she did tell me it was Sally and Charley's fault. I'm guessing Charley is another person that talks to Bellarose.

" Are you going to tell people about me?" she asks.

 " If you don't want me to I won't. I don't want to invade your privacy without you knowing." 

 " No, I want people to know. I want people to know what it's like with schizophrenia. I want them to know my story."

 " Okay. I can make that happen."