Kotori × trap!Reader

Start from the beginning

  “What’s this?” You questioned, raising the paper above your head in curiosity.

  “They are lyrics, (Y/N)-chan, for our new song,” she smiled at you and you felt yourself wanting to take that smile and set it as your wallpaper or something, but that would just be weird.

  “What do you think?” She leaned closer to you, but with you being taller, you held the paper further from her reach and she whined slightly.

  “(Y/N)-chan...” She gave you a puppy face, her golden eyes seeming to plead for your attention too.

  You felt blood rush to your face as you lowered the paper for her to see, unable to believe that she had made a face cute enough to make you lower your guard. 

  “So what do you think, (Y/N)-chan?” She asked again and looked up at you, her golden eyes twinkling ever so slightly, reflecting the sun’s rays. 

  Caught in a dilemma of what to say to her, you stared at her eyes, an unknown feeling surging through you.

  “It’s a bit...odd. Doesn’t Umi-chan usually write the lyrics?” You replied, tearing your gaze away from her to analyse the paper once more, unwilling to hurt her feelings too much. After all, who puts ‘fluffy’ as part of a song?

  Kotori frowned and implored your opinion. “Eli-chan wanted me to do the lyrics this time, what’s wrong with it?”

  “Go–Go ask U–Umi–chan.” You said, refusing to look at her face, unsure of why, but you just did not feel like you should.

  Subdued, she took the paper that you had held out for her and went over to Umi. You watched the duo intensely, noticing the quick change of her expressions while talking with the blue-haired girl.

  Inside, you felt disappointed, but you were not sure why. Pushing your hair back, you sighed and wondered why you had grown so attached to her.

  Surely you were not supposed to remain with her only, she would definitely grow tired of your attitude and search for someone else.

  Like Umi, for instance. Besides, the two were childhood friends,  and it would be rude of you to barge into their friendship in the way you were doing now. 

  Was it selfish of you to want her all to yourself?

-----

■ a few months ago|

  You had just entered Otonokizaka Academy after transferring from another school, and the teacher was already starting to think that you were a nuisance to the class, especially when you did not pay attention during lessons and was forever called out for staring out the window.

  To be honest, it was not that you wanted to disrupt the class on purpose, it was just that you were not interested in the lessons that were being taught. 

  “(L/N)-san!” The teacher called, his face twisted with irritation. “The next time I catch you not paying attention, I’ll have you sent to detention!”

  You shrugged away from the his lecture and looked down at your geography textbook, not registering any of the words printed on the page.

  Another persisting quality of yours was your extreme self-confidence, built on the fact that you looked a lot like a boy and acted like one too, coupled with your good looks.

  Girls seemed to find this attractive and constantly begged for your attention, and ever since you had entered the school, you had received countless confessions.