Hall of the Mountain King

Thanks to all of you who have been doing the amazing things you do for this story!!! :D Anyway, enjoy! 

Oh, please tell me if it's starting to get stupid, or it's not making sense. I want to make sure it doesn't get boring! :(

I knew that this was going to be a long drive when I kicked my feet up on the dash board and earned a glare from Anthony. So I did what was expected of me. I leaned the seat back, put my sun shades on, stuck my arm out the window, and got comfortable. It would be another hour before any words would be officially spoke; by me, of course.  I wasn't sure what to say really. We had been fighting more often than not lately. 

I cleared my throat before speaking, "Are we going to talk at all?" I ask.

He glances at me before returning his eyes to the interstate in front of him, "I assume so." He says softly. 

I nod, "Because usually our talking end in fights." I mutter. "I don't like fighting." 

He glances again, "I wouldn't have guessed." I flip him the bird. 

"What is going to happen once we get to the Pack in South Carolina?" I ask after a moment of silence. 

He shrugs, "If it is Brian they have then we take care of him, and any messes he has caused and then come home." 

"What if it isn't him?" I ask the obvious question.

"Well, if it isn't then we learn as much from him as we can, and then take care of him." I shake my head, He looks at me sharply, "What?" He growls. 

I clench my teeth and lower my brow, "It seems all we are going to do is 'take care of it'" He nods, "I don't like the thought of murdering someone." I mutter. 

"You didn't have a problem with murdering Brian." He says under his breath. 

I pull my lips over my teeth and growl, "That was different." I say as calmly as I can. 

"How so?" He asks, his frown engraved in his forehead. "Oh, yeah, It wasn't you. It was your wolf. My apologies." He laughs, "You need to get over killing someone, because on the track your on, you're going to do it eventually." A short laugh leaves his lips. 

"The track I'm on?" I ask surprised. 

"Yes, the Rogue track you are on. There is a change in you, not a good one either." He mutters and picks up a bit of speed. 

I let out a series of giggles, and raise my voice to be high pitched, "Oh, goodness me. I guess I didn't know how I was actin'! Oh, forgive me!" I exclaim and grab his arm, "I've been a horrible woman!" I throw the back of my hand across my forehead, "The betrayal of my mate and the murder of my closest friend were, well, minor set backs, but I'm right back on my feet ready to be happy and perky just like my mama taught me!" I smile as he watches me carefully, "Oh, no. There is nothing wrong with me! I guess I was just going through a little spout of the blues! Thank you, honey, for clearing that little mess up for me! I guess I just forgot that I was supposed to be Mrs. Happy! Just like I was raised!" I pat my lap, "I'll get right on the dishes and ironing your shirts as soon as this is over! Yes-sir-ie!" I smile, "Is this the right kind of track? Because I'll sure ass hell murder you with one of my carving knives! Oh, yes! That would be just dandie!" I giggle again and he growls for a moment. 

"If you would put that much effort into caring for your Pack as you did acting like that, then I wouldn't bitch about it as much." He says carefully. "I've warned you once about your threats, Amy." He watches me while he says it, "If you were anyone else, you would be dead."