Last Resort

Thanks for those who voted, I did a happy dance. :D Anyway, here's the second chapter... Each chapter is going to have a song that goes with it. Um, suggestions are welcome. 

Thanks and please comment and vote.

I didn't fear the darkened room I was laying in. The tiny hotel could barely hold everyone that came on this little 'Hunt 'o Mate' that Anthony and Brian had them up to. Anthony snored on the tiny chair in front of the door, He passed out two hours ago. Maree was with Brian, and James was somewhere else. 

Moving as quietly as I could, I snuck into the bathroom and turned on the fauset. After waiting a moment, I tugged at the sun stained window above the once white toilet. It screamed in protest and I froze like a deer in the headlights. A snort came from the other room, but snores from deep sleep followed. I tugged again, the window complained but not for long. It would be a tight squeeze, and my luggage wouldn't fit through, but at least I would be gone. I grabbed the spare twenties that I kept in the suit case. 

I climbed onto the toilet, cursing myself for wearing boots instead of running shoes. I pull my upper part through, and my hips become momentarily stuck. I tug a bit and I fall to the dew ridden ground. Mildew and rodent piss fill my noes. I lay stunned for a moment, then I push myself up and start moving away from the building. 

It took me a bit, but the cursing set me off. James was in nature, the element he despised, even if he is a werewolf. 

Looking as if he had been through hell and back, he glared at me. Raising an eyebrow, I open my mouth to ask what happened, but he started before I could.

"Why in the world do roots stick out of the ground?" He whispered yelled while pulling a rotten leaf out of his hair, "And why can't the animals in these woods stay away when they hear a loud noise, like everyone else in the world. Chipmunks, "He sighed, "are the white people of the horror movies. Always have to investigate!" He stomped his foot. 

I gave him a few moments to take a breath before I asked him how he had got out.  "The door." He muttered. I raised another eyebrow, "I didn't have anyone in my room." He muttered trying to cleanse his shoe of mud. "How did you get out?" He asked frustrated, giving up on his shoes and moving to his pants.

"Window," I muttered roughly. "Where is Maree?" I wondered outloud. The sun would be coming up soon. 

James threw his hands in the air, "I don't know! But if she doesn't get here fast, I'm going to give her what my granmama calls 'An Oklahoma Ass-kicking'." I laughed softly at his remark. 

I sighed, "She'll be here." The sky was starting to turn pink, I was worrying. 

It wasn't until the light of day was clear that I saw her.  She ran like the hounds of hell were on here tail themselves. She got within ten feet and she stopped and started wheezing.