Hell On Heels (Givin' In To Sin)

Some of you may hate me after this chapter! Sorry. Anyway, just want to send a quick thanks to poppyvampire who actually sent me the song for this chapter! If you have a chance, listen to it. It's pretty good! :D

Also, thank you too all of my readers, voters and commenters! I know I don't say it enough, but I do apprieciate y'all! 

Once I stumble into the hotel room, I spot the bed and make a b-line for it. Reaching its' edge, I fall face first onto it. I sigh as the mattress molds to me. 

"This is the life." I mutter face down into the mattress. "Stalking killers by day, sleeping in creepy hotels by night. I didn't think life could be any better." I say as I crawl higher into the bed and my limbs stretch to find the corners of the bed. 

Anthony chuckles as he moves through the room, "You could be stripping." He mutters darkly.

I push myself up slightly, "Oh no. Bringing in close to two hundred dollars in tips one night and then sleeping in my own bed. The horror!" I exaggerate as I slam back onto the bed. I watch his back as he lays out his materials that he most likely with be studying for two hours before he heads to bed. "You'd like it if you did it." I mutter in defeat, all the muscles in his back tense.

He turns so he's looking down at me, "What?" He asks in shock. 

I chuckle, "Nothing." I say as I turn my head to the opposite wall. "I'm sleepy." I mutter to myself.

"Then sleep." He says as I hear him begin to mess with his things again. 

I cussed him softly as I reached across the bed and dragged the blanket over me. Curling into a small ball, I push the thoughts of today's events out of my head and make myself sleep. 

I could see it all again. Maree lying there, dead. Her eyes pleading for me to save her. Her screams echoing off the walls as though they were the soundtrack to her death. I scream, but nothing comes out of my mouth. The pool of blood under her seeps until it covers the floor and touches my shoe, I push forward to get to her. She needs me and I'm not there. Why can't I get there, why couldn't I have been there? I scream and thrash against the unknown force holding me back. Hot, wet breathing drifts across my neck. I freeze and close my eyes. The monster of my waking life is now haunting my dreams. 'You can't save her. You will never save her. You'll die. Your mate will die. Your pack will die.'  I shudder as he runs his tongue from my shoulder to my ear before pulling back and sinking his teeth into my neck. I can't scream as I hear the audible pop of my neck. I free fall into the blood of my best friend. 

The bounce in my dream wakes me in a cold sweat. I sit up and place my feet on the floor. I move my hair off my sweaty neck as I take a shaky breath. A loud snore sounds behind me and I turn to see Anthony laying with his back to me, arms crossed over his chest. 

"You'd think you'd feel my panic." I mutter as I stand and walk to the bathroom. I pull my nasty clothes off. They have literally blood, sweat and tears on them. I shut the door softly and then turn on the shower. I waited a moment before stepping in, I do a quick turn and the lean my head against the wall to support myself. I let the water run down me and try to relax. I doesn't work. 

My fingers were raisins long before I decided to get out. I grab a towel, missing my pink fluffy one, quickly wrapping it around me. I stare at the figure in the fogged up mirror; there is no telling who she is. There isn't a way to know her life and what she has been through. There is nothing about her because of this foggy covering. I frown and wipe it away. I stare at myself. I look defeated; the dream shook me up more than I care to admit. He's tormenting me even in my dreams. He's trying to break me, like he broke Maree. We won't let that happen. My eyes are no longer my own, they are ours. The metallic glow to the golden brown shines back at me and then seeps back down to my human eyes. We are going to win this. He caused this and we were going to finish this. We are stronger than him. He's just biding his time until his time comes. He's killing people and hurting children. He's going to come after my pack and my father's pack. He did the wrong thing by making this personal. He was going to be given a slow death, and I would be the one to deliver it.