Someday

My body shifted quickly. I could not relish in the pleasure of shifting because the animal inside of me took control. My whole system ran off of animistic instinct of protecting what is yours. Our eyes zeroed in on the male who stood to his crime. We lunged over the couch as soon as our feet hit the ground, the male fell back not expecting a full on attack. Our lips pulled back over our teeth as a growl ripped though our system and propelled us forward towards the vein pulsating in his neck. 

The smell of fear rolled off of him in waves, my animal loved his fear. She fed off of it. 

With our teeth a hairs breath away from his neck, we were ripped away from him. The animal went wild. Slashing and fighting those around us, maneuvering our body to reach the hand that held us by our scruff. 

We were thrown back into the loft. We paced around the room, looking for exits. None that we could see. We wanted our kill back, he had hurt one of ours, and we wanted the payment in full. 

Our tail whipped back and forth with the movement of our body. I could smell the males in the room with us. The one that was ours and our mate. Glancing up at both of them, we blew our breath out at them and continued to search for an exit. 

We don't know how long we paced, but eventually the anger left suddenly leaving our body to fall and the animal to leave. 

Our body popped back into place and I stood, slowly. My legs shivered with the result of unused adrenaline. Without looking at Anthony and James, I went to my bedroom and grabbed a robe. 

Taking quick steps, I went back to the living room. James looked at me with worry and sadness, his once purple face was now yellowing; the tale tail sign that it was getting better. Anthony, on the other hand, was radiating anger and blocking the door. 

"Excuse me." I said, my voice hoarse and tired. He didn't move, his unwavering eyes watching me.  "Excuse me." I tried again, he didn't move again. Taking a deep breath, I pulled a rein on my anger again, "What ever you have to say, say it!" I say hotly, and give James a look and a head bob in the direction of his room. He nods his head and moves to his bedroom. 

Anthony takes a deep breath and repositions his steps, "What you just did was disrespectful. That was not the way an Alpha Female should act. If I hadn't stopped you, you would have killed one of the best fighters this Pack has ever seen!" 

He tried to continue but I spoke over him, "Disrespect is having a fellow training fighter be stepped on! As for an Alpha Female, I am not one! Nor will I ever be one! Get that through your head! This," I motioned between us, "Isn't going to happen. Ever. Period." His face became red and he repositioned himself again, "You shouldn't have stopped me! Do you really think I would have felt any guilt for killing someone who hurts others for fun?" I had began to yell, "Do you even believe he would have told you if he had done it on accident?" I took a step forward, our anger and stature matched, "I'm not the type of person or wolf to let that go unpunished!" 

He followed my suit and took a step also, "You want the power of an Alpha but not the responsibility." He muttered down on me, I frowned, "What you doing now is disrespect, Amy. I could have you killed for what you did on that staircase.  Get this through your head, I'm not letting you leave again. If I have to chain you to the banister everyday then I will. I couldn't care less what happens to either of your friends, as long as you are here." He took a deep breath, "If I had just let you kill him, I would have to kill you. There was no threat, you attacked him. If he demands that you be beaten for what you did, then the punishment will be brought by his hand. If he finds that is fun, then so be it." He ground his teeth. 

I glared at him, "Have him beat me, and it will be the last thing he ever does." My promise shone in my eyes, "Have me killed, I could give a rats ass." I crossed my arms, "I'm leaving here. You may never know when, but one day you will look around and I will be gone, the only difference is that this time, I'm not going to be found." I pushed past him, and was whipped back as he held on to my arm. "Let me go. " I said sharply as I eyed his hand. 

"What happened to the Amy I knew?" He asked sadly, I looked up to see it coating his eyes, and for a moment I let it sink in. The guilt pushed through my heart, but I remembered what he did and flames rippled through my veins. 

"She died when you fucked that first girl." I said sharply, as I watched his eyes turn from sadness to anger and I pulled my arm from his grasp. I moved down the stairs quickly and I saw Mama watching me, she too was sad. 

"Honey, where are you going?" She asked me quietly. 

"For a run." I said as softly as I could, knowing I couldn't be mean to her. She nodded as I walked by and held her hand out for my robe, which I quickly took off and handed to her. 

"Be careful." I nodded and shifting, once again not giving myself time to feel the release of the change. 

I ran as fast as I could towards the woods and tried to burn the adrenaline and anger that now raged through my system.

He watched as she stalked away from him. He was frozen by her words. She was right, but it hurt him as well. To watch her smile at someone, only for it to be changed to a grimace when she caught sight of him.  Anger flooded his system as she walked away from him. He moved after her; his Alpha and mated hormones inquiring that he follow her and make her respect him. She had just moved out the door when his mother's hand rested on his arm. She shook her head, her eyes sad, but a flicker of pride in them.

"What's wrong, momma?" He asked, he wanted to follow his mate, but he needed to know what was wrong with his mother also.

"She needs a moment to be. Let her run alone. If  she isn't back by eight or nine, then go get her." She sighed and motioned for him to sit at the breakfast table, the house was clear of people. Everyone had left when both Alpha's were upstairs fighting. No one ever wanted to be caught in between two fighting Alpha's. The power radiating off of them has been known to cause sickness, and since Alpha commands don't work on other Alpha's the commands could drive another wolf crazy. 

"Don't be mad at her for acting on instinct." His mother said as she sat down across from him with a cup of coffee. He had never liked coffee, but the smell reminded him of home.  "She is an Alpha Female, whether she likes it or not. Apart of being an Alpha Female requires she stand up for those she cares for, now that is supposed to be the whole Pack, but right now her Pack is Maree and James. They follow her like a Pack is supposed to follow their Alpha Female." His mother took a sip of her drink and thought for a moment, "Her animal knows what its doing, but she doesn't, no, not yet." 

He sighed and tried to clear his head. He knew since she left he had been getting harder, and harder to handle, and in ways that has made him a better Alpha, but now that she is back, it is worse because he knows she is there, but she won't even look his way unless she has to. 

Pressing his head into his hand, he asks his mother what he should do, her reply, "Do what you have too, and try to make her comfortable." His mother took a breath, "Don't let Donny hurt her. She acted how I would have acted if one of my Pack was threatened or hurt. See to James, makes sure he is alright and look out for him tomorrow. She's going to want to go with him, but I can't let her. She needs to start her own training." 

He smiled, "Momma, I'm not worried about Donny hurting her, I'm worried about her hurting Donny." His mother could recognize the pride in her sons eyes, "When she took off after him, I was amazed. She wasted no time on pinning him and he, one of my best fighters, was terrified." He laughed, "I only pulled her off because I know she wouldn't be able to live with herself if she took another life." His mother smiled at the first smile of happiness she had seen on her sons' face in three years. 

His mother laughed, "Son, you would be surprised at what an Alpha Female can do and live with." 

Please let me know what you think. :D Thank you to all of you reading this and voting.