Descending

3/18/17

"What goes up must come down ." That is how the phrase goes. It is true for the apple that fell from the tree. Just as it is true for the rising and setting sun. All things that start must end, as all good things will eventually be replaced by darkness.

Tight my chest remained as the plane taxied away from the terminal. Knowing you were somewhere within made my heartache in away I hadn't ever felt before. I grew envious of the other travelers still inside, and the staff for they all were closer to you than I was. You want to know if I am a jealous person? Yes. I am jealous of everyone and everything that can stay with you while I am forced to leave.

Watching the lights flicker by as the plane moved farther down the tarmac was like marking the growing distance. Everything within me screamed to reach out to you, begged to turn back and run into your arms. We had barely been able to say our farewells . I was not how I had imagined it. Perhaps some would have thought it better. Like ripping off a band-aid where the quicker the better. That is not what happened. Sharper and deeper it felt as I inched away from you. Fighting the tears that were building in my eyes I held on tight to the arm rest and the vivid memories of the time we had spent together. Every memory so pure and full of joy. I think about the excitement and anticipation I felt last time I was sitting on plane. I was on my way to see you. So different I feel as the plane takes off now.It triggers a war within me. With memories so happy, how could I now feel so sad.

It is true for the rising sun, each day it brings promise and hope. Each evening it sets and darkness takes it's place.