L.O.V.E

5/15/16

"Love always finds a way, it's true

And I love you, Evangeline
Oooh, yeah!

Love is beautiful, love is wonderful
Love is everything, do you agree?
Mais oui!

Look how she lights up the sky
I love you, Evangeline"

-Ma Belle Evangeline (The Princess and The Frog)

Confessions time: He probably does not remember this conversation. She wanted nothing more than for him to forget it at the time.....

It was an accident, a mistake when she she sent him that text. It had been intended for someone else as part of a running joke. The words meant nothing and carried no real weight, but she knew that when he received the text with that very quote it would scare him. As soon as she realized her mistake she tried to correct it. Though it was too late. The message had been sent and the words were out there already. Filling the space between them, stretching across hundreds of miles. She feared what his response would be. She offered a hasty explanation  and hoped that he would believe her. She hoped that one mistake would not cost her what already was an incredible friendship. It was an accident, the words meant nothing, or that is what she kept telling herself.... 

When he replied to the messages she had sent trying to explain the situation he said, "Ha! I was gonna say wow, you love me already." 

They both awkwardly and nervously pushed the conversation aside never to speak of it again. She did not love him and had not meant to give him that idea. They were friends that was all.... 

2 years later- 

She received a message from him, and unlike many of the other messages that pass between them this one was short. It only contained three words. Three words that would send her heart soaring through the sky.  

"I love you too!" She replied, unable to contain her joy.