Chapter 33

I throw on my jean shirt, leggings, long grey socks, and white cardigan and go to my bathroom. I curl my hair so it's in light waves, throw on my beanie and tribal pattern scarf, and go out to the main area of the apartment. Today is mine and Rhodes' first Sunday off so we've decided to go for coffee. Thankfully coffee shops have a really relaxed environment so I don't have to worry too much about what might happen between Rhodes and me. I'm also thankful that it's a really warm day for the middle of January so we can walk to the coffee shop that's 15 minutes from the apartment.

My thoughts are interrupted when Rhodes comes out of his bedroom and says, "Ready to go?"

I nod so we go to the door and I put on my brown riding boots. I grab my purse and then we exit the apartment. Rhodes locks the door behind us and then we take the stairs down. We walk to the coffee shop in silence and when we arrive I order an Earl Grey Latte and Rhodes orders an Americano. Once we have our drinks and are seated at a table he says, "Not a coffee drinker?"

I chuckle and say, "Not for the most part. Usually it's the only thing to drink in the staffroom so I suck it up."

Connor laughs and then says, "I noticed that you like to read a lot. What's your favourite?"

I sigh and say, "Oh man, that's a tough one. I think my favourite book would have to be The Book Thief because it made me bawl and it's hard to make me cry while I read but hands down my favourite series is Harry Potter because it is so beautifully written and well thought out. Books have helped me through so much that it's always hard to pick just one favourite." 

Connor nods and then I say, "What about you? Do you read much?"

Rhodes shakes his head and says, "My sole focus has been becoming a surgeon so I don't read all that much, but to my credit I have been getting a little bit better at reading more as the years go by."

I nod and then he asks, "Did you have any pets growing up?"

I nod and say, "My brother got a tuxedo cat named Boots when he was five. That cat hated me and I hated it right back. I've always been a dog person."

Rhodes laughs and then we continue to talk and with every word my nerves slowly slip away.

-------------------------

Hey guys! Sorry its been so long but thanks for 56 800 reads!

So if I were to write a Chicago Justice fanfic, would you read it? I'm trying to get a general idea of how many people are interested. I don't have any ideas because of the lack of personal information on the show but hopefully something comes to me soon! -Becca