Chapter 12

I smile as I lock my car and head up to my apartment. I'm so happy that the transplant went well and that I have a few extra hours to myself.

When I enter my apartment I'm taken aback when I see Aspen sitting on my dining room table, beer bottle in hand. I cautiously set down my bag and take off my coat and shoes. I then cross my arms and say, "What are you doing here?"

He smiles as he sways back and forth and then says, "I wanted to see you baby!"

I take a deep breath to bottle up my anger and say, "Aspen, why are you in my apartment, drunk at four in the afternoon, and being all nice guy towards me?"

He takes two quick strides towards me and slams me against the wall. I curl into a ball and pray that he's done. I flinch as his beer bottle hits the floor and shatters near me. He then grabs a fistful of my hair and pulls it up so that my eyes connect with his. He puts his face close to mine so that I can smell the alcohol on his breath and then he says, "It's not your problem bitch!"

He then lets my hair loose and walks away. I shakily stand up and once I'm firmly on my feet I say, "Are you going to apologize or not?"

He turns on a dime and swiftly punches me in the stomach. I bend over in pain and he says, "Serves you right. Don't you dare question me."

I nod and quickly go to my bedroom. I lock the door behind me and collapse onto my bed. I don't want to push him any farther.

---------------------------------------------------

Thank you all for 7.6 K reads! Have a good weekend! -Becca

Real Emergencies (Chicago Med)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें