Chapter 9

When I walk into the living room Aspen looks up at me and says, "How was work?"

I shrug and say, "Okay I suppose. This man tried to attack me but thankfully another doctor saw and got him off of me."

Aspen rises so he's standing in front of me and says, "Why'd he attack you?"

"I'm not sure why it was me. I just happened to be the one treating him I guess."

Aspen shakes his head and says, "You probably asked for it. You were probably messing with him!"

My eyes go wide and I say, "I did not ask to be attacked! He had anger issues! I was just trying to do my job!"

He shakes his head and says, "Oh really Sara?! You were just 'doing your job'?!"

I open my mouth to speak but the he slaps me on the opposite cheek from last time. I duck my head down to make myself look smaller and then he says, "Sara, I'm sorry. It was just reflex, I promise. I didn't mean to hurt you again."

He's about to pull me into a hug when I hold out my hand to stop him. I then take a deep breath and say, "Even if it was an accident, I want my own space tonight. Please just go to your own place and leave me alone."

He nods and grabs his phone. As he exits he apologizes once more and then lets the door click shut behind him. Once he's gone I quickly change out of my scrubs and go back out to the living room. I tidy a few things up and then begin making dinner for myself.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you guys for 5 K reads! I hope you all had a good Easter! -Becca