Chapter 1

I share a quick kiss with Aspen and then he says, "Have a great day babe and don't forget to kick some ass."

I laugh and agree. I then go down to my car and begin the drive to Chicago Med. It's been a couple of months since I've moved back to Chicago and a lot has happened. Aspen and I have started dating, I've been in close contact with my family, I've gotten a couple of new tattoos, and I got a job at Chicago Med. One of their doctors is going on maternity leave soon so they hired me to fill her place.

When I arrive I park my car and walk up to the front doors. I close my eyes, take a deep breath, and walk in. I walk up to the front desk and one of the nurses says, "What can I help you with dear?"

"I'm looking for Sharon Goodwin."

A lady behind her turns around and walks from behind the desk to beside me. She smiles at me and sticks out her hand. I shake her hand firmly and say, "I'm Sara Lewis. Pleasure to meet you."

"You as well. Come, I'll show you to your locker."

I nod and we go to the staff room. When we arrive she points to my locker and says, "Your scrubs are in there. Technically nurses wear blue and doctors wear burgundy but we decided to let you have burgundy since you're an RN."

I thank her and grab my scrubs. I quickly change and then lock my locker. I go grab a coffee and am greeted by a doctor. He smiles at me and says, "I'm Dr. Halstead. You can call me Will though."

"Alright Will. Nice to meet you."

"And you're Dr... Dr. Lewis."

I gasp and say, "Does my uniform really say that?"

He laughs and says, "No, it says Sara Lewis but you wouldn't be wearing burgundy if you weren't a doctor."

I laugh and say, "I'm a registered nurse, not a doctor. Sharon just said that since I'm more than a nurse I shouldn't have blue."

He nods and says, "Well it's nice to meet you Registered Nurse Sara Lewis."

I laugh and then excuse myself to go and meet some more people as we aren't very busy right now.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry it's been awhile guys but thank you so much for 281 reads! I had no idea I could get so many after just a prologue! Anyway, I hope it update once more before my Christmas break ends! Oh, and I'll put a picture at the top of the chapter of what Sara's tattoos look like. -Becca