Chapter 8

I take a deep breath as I sit behind the desk in the ER. We're only halfway through the day and I feel exhausted by the amount of people I've already treated.

It's also been a few weeks since Aspen slapped me. Things are going well between us but we've slowed things down more too so that this kind of thing doesn't happen again.

I'm about to run and get some coffee when Maggie says, "There's someone in room seven that needs stitches. Can you take care of that Sara?"

I nod and hop up. When I walk in I put my gloves on and then say, "Can you show me where you need stitches please sir?"

He nods and holds out his left arm. Down the length of his whole forearm I see a deep gash with deep red blood lining the outside. I grab his arm to take a closer look but he jerks his arm away and says, "Don't touch me!"

I take a step back and say, "Sir, I can't properly asses how bad your cut is without holding your arm."

He clenches his jaw together and then says, "I told you not to touch me lady!"

I'm about to respond when he shoves me to the ground and hovers above me. He's about to begin punching me when I see someone run into the room and pull him off of me. I hear the plunger of a needle go down and then someone collapses on the bed. I roll onto my back and see Rhodes standing above me. He helps me up and I say, "Thanks. I was afraid he was going to do some damage."

He nods and says, "Me too. This guy has a history of anger issues. Anyway, you go and take a break and I'll stitch this oaf up while he's still sedated."

I thank Rhodes again, dispose of my gloves, and head to the break room.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! Thanks for 4.4 K reads! Just an FYI, but I have a 30 Day Challenge up for all of the shows in the Chicago Trilogy if you guys are interested!

Lately I've been toying with the idea of putting my writing on another website as well as Wattpad. If you guys have an opinion on the matter I would love to hear it. -Becca