Chapter 30

I take a deep breath as I exit my car. I walk up to the doors where I meet up with Rhodes, Will, and who I assume to be Will's brother. They all smile at me and then Will says, "Sara, this is my brother Jay. He'll be looking after Aspen and then coming back to help us."

I nod and then Jay and I shake hands. As we do he says, "I'm sorry about what happened."

I shrug and reply. "Don't be. I've gotten enough pity to last a lifetime. I just appreciate your help in getting my things so I can heal and move on."

He nods and then I unlock the doors to the building. We go up the stairs and soon arrive at what was my apartment. I unlock it and then slowly open the door. The moment I cross the threshold I hear heavy footsteps and then Aspen yells, "Where the fuck have you been? It's Saturday Sara! Saturday! That means it's been four fucking days since you've been home!"

I watch as Aspen raises his fist and moves closer to me. From instinct I brace for the impact but Jay steps in front of me first and takes the hit for me. Aspen's eyes go wide with the realization of what he's just done but Jay is swift in pushing him up against the table. Before Aspen has time to react Jay is putting the handcuffs on him and saying, "Aspen Wilkinson, you're under arrest for domestic violence and abuse. Anything you say can and will be used against you in the court of law. Understood?"

Aspen nods so Jay lifts him up and they exit the apartment. I heave a sigh of relief and then say, "I already talked to the landlord and he asked that I have everything cleaned and all of my things gone by tonight. I'll start packing up my things if you guys don't mind cleaning. I know there'll be some blood in the bathroom from the last time when my skin broke and I just can't handle that. Being here is almost too much as is."

Rhodes pulls me in for a hug and then says, "Don't even worry about it. We'll look after whatever you need us to, okay?"

I nod and then we begin our work for the day.

-------------------------

Thanks for 44 900 reads! -Becca