Chapter 14

I quickly throw on gloves and walk into the treatment room behind Will. When I arrive I see a car crash victim in pretty bad shape on the bed. I immediately set to work with Will to figure out what injuries this patient has. We're about halfway through the assessment when all of the monitors begin to beep. Will quickly glances at them and then turns to one of the other nurses and says, "Get a crash cart now!"

She nods and runs out of the room. He then turns to me and says, "Sara, I need you to start chest compressions."

I nod, step up on a little stool, and begin them. I keep my work up and soon the other nurse arrives with the crash cart. I continue my task as they prep the patient for the procedure. Will then gets the paddles ready and yells, "Clear!"

I step back and he shocks the woman's heart. We do this a few more times with no results. Will pushes some epi as I do chest compressions. I wince every time as my cuts have most certainly started bleeding again. Will soon sees that I'm in pain and says, "Someone, take over for Sara."

I shake my head and say, "I'm good."

He's about to argue back when a different nurse says, "Her condition is worsening Dr. Halstead."

He nods and picks up the paddles. He shocks her heart a few more times before I stop him and say, "She's already gone Will."

He nods and steps back. I look at the clock and say, "Time of death 13:42."

Everyone nods and the other nurses begin to take care of her. As I peel the glove off of my hand I see that I'm bleeding more than I thought. Will sees my hand and says, "What happened?"

As I carefully peel away the bandage from my hand so that I can get a better look at how bad it is I say, "I was washing a glass and it broke. I obviously didn't look after it properly."

He nods and takes my hand in his. He groans at the sight of it and says, "This is bad Sara. Please let me help you."

I nod and let him lead me to a treatment room. He's quick to clean it out and put a couple of stitches in it. He then bandages it up for me and says, "There you go. Good as new."

I thank him and then go to the staff room.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! I'm sorry that it's been so long since I've updated but thank you for being so patient. Also, thank you for 11 000 reads! It means so much to me.

First of all, that new Casey fanfic I was talking about is up. It's called Murderous Love and I would greatly appreciate if you guys could go and check it out!

Secondly, I'm going to be trying to make my chapters longer so if you guys find a length that you like, please let me know! My main goal here is to make my readers happy while still keeping the suspense that I like to have in each chapter. 

Thanks for everything, and I hope that you guys have a great weekend! -Becca