Kanan × Reader

→ dedicated to and requested by JakeIlagan7

dedicated to and requested by JakeIlagan7

thanks for reading and commenting!

edited.|

|Magic|

■ seven years ago|

  AN old man rocked back and forth on a wooden porch, breathing in the scent of the sea and staring at the dawn sky after a hard day’s work.

  Panting, a little girl burst out from the diving shop behind him and pointed to the blue waters.

  “Look, Oji-san! The water is sparkling! It’s so pretty — it looks like magic!” Strands of her dark blue hair swayed in the breeze and the old man smiled.

  But before he could say anything, another little girl ran out from the shop, waving her small arms in the air.

  “Kanan-chan! Found you!”

  Kanan giggled and ran to the girl, taking a hold of her hand, and a blush formed steadily on the girl’s face.

  “Look (Y/N)-chan! The water is so glittery! It looks so magical...”

  (Y/N) stared out at the calm waves gently lapping the surface of the beach and at the seagulls calling to one another over the sound of the ocean. Whatever emotion she was feeling was completely masked with a straight face.

  “Yeah, it does look kinda nice. Can we go back to playing please?”

  Kanan’s smile fell but she nodded slowly.

  She turned and ran away, kicking up sand as she went down the wooden steps. “Catch me if you can, (Y/N)-chan!”

  (Y/N) was about to make her way to the stairs before the old man spoke.

  “(Y/N).”

  “Yes?” She whipped her head in the man's direction.

  “Do you believe in magic?”

  She lowered her head and stared at the sea once more, her (e/c) eyes glistening with tears, reflecting the blood glow of the red sky.

  “No, I don’t. I don’t believe in magic.” She whispered, tearing her gaze away from the sea and staring at the old man.

  The old man smiled. “Are you sure?”

  She nodded in reply, trying to avoid the man's knowing look.