Chapter 19

Three Days Later
Maddie's POV

Mackenzie came home last night. She slept in my room last night. When I woke up this morning my arms were wrapped around her.

I smiled and woke her up.

"Time to get up Kenz" I say.

She groaned by slowly woke up.

"I don't want to go Maddie" she whined.

I run my fingers through her knotted hair.

"I know you don't but you have to Mackenzie" I tell her.

She groaned and got out of bed. I did too and followed her to her room.

"Here" I say picking out her outfit.

It was jeans, a hoodie and vans.

She smiled at me.

"Thanks. Can you leave?" She asked.

I shake my head. "I want to make sure you won't do anything stupid" I say.

"I won't I promise" Mackenzie said.

"I just want to make sure. I almost lost you. I don't want you to hurt yourself."

She sighed and nodded getting changed. I turned around for her then after I got changed. We went and got some breakfast. She goes to run upstairs but I grab her arm.

"You're not purging" I say.

She sighed and grabbed her bag. We drove over to school. It's her first day back and I can tell she's scared.

"Don't worry. I promise we're not leaving your side today" I tell her.

She looks at me and nodded. I pulled up into the parking lot of our school and parked in my usual spot.

I look and see everyone waiting at the front of the school for us. Kenzie and I get out and get our things, then we approach our friends.

"KENZIE!" The girls shout as they run to hug her.

She was tackled by everyone. They were excited to see her. Once they let go of her she goes over to John and hugs him. Not letting go.

"Brooke and I are going to walk you to class today" I say.

She nodded.

"What happens if they-" Mackenzie started.

"They won't. They won't hurt you. We promise" Brooke said.

"Okay" Mackenzie mumbled.

"Here let's get going, we'll see you later" I say.

Mackenzie kisses John and then follows Brooke and I. I walked on one side of her and Brooke walked on the other. We get to her locker no problem.

But there are people who have been whispering about her and calling her names. They called her slut, whore, bitch and basically everything. I held her hand tightly. It's so upsetting.

She just gets her things from her locker and goes to class.

"Mack wait" Brooke said.

Kenzie turned around and walked over to us. We pulled her aside and wrapped our arm around her.

"Don't listen to them Mackenzie. They don't know anything" I say.

"But they're going to keep saying it" Mackenzie mumbled.

"Yes they are but you have to ignore them. What they say say doesn't matter Kenzie. If something happens where you feel threatened, leave and call one of us" Brooke explained.