Chapter 30

Monday
Maddie's POV

I spent the whole weekend not talking to Gino. Today is the first day I'll see him since the party. I'm completely dreading it but I have to go.

I walk out of my room and see Mackenzie. When I punched her it didn't leave a mark. But I still feel bad regardless.

"You want breakfast?" I ask.

She shakes her head no. I groaned.

"You have to eat Mackenzie," I say kneeling down to her level.

"But that means I'll gain weight. Gaining weight means I'll get fat. I can't get fat Maddie!" Mackenzie explains.

I put my hands on her shoulders. I look her in the eyes so she knows I'm serious.

"You won't get fat. You never were fat in the first place. It's just a bunch of people scared behind their phones typing this stuff to make them feel better," I explained.

"But why does it have to be me though? Why do I think everything is true?" Mackenzie asked.

I shrugged my shoulders. I wish I knew what to tell her. "I don't know Mackenzie. I'm sorry."

She sighs and I stand up. I walk downstairs with her by my side.

"Maddie, are you going to forgive Gino?" Mackenzie asked.

"I don't know Kenzie."

She nods and grabs her bag. We walk out the door and to my car. I drove us to school and parked in the usual spot. Kenz and I get out of the car and walk to our group.

Luckily Gino wasn't there. Tyler was though however, I couldn't get him out of my mind. That kiss we had, that was different.

"What's up Ziegler's?" Lucas said.

I smiled and Tyler grabbed my hand and pulled me aside.

"Did you think about it?" Tyler asked.

I shrugged, "a lot happened this weekend. I couldn't really think."

He nodded and looked down. "Look Maddie, you deserve better than Gino. He may treat you all nice to make up for the fact that he's cheated, but he's still cheating on you," Tyler explained.

"I know, I know. It's just, I've been with him forever. He's been everyone's best friend since we were little. It's not that easy," I say.

"I understand. But please, just think about it. I hated seeing you that way on Friday," Tyler said walking away.

I sighed and walked over to the group. I see Mackenzie and John kissing, and being all lovey dovey so I grabbed Mackenzie and pulled her away jokingly.

"What? No!" John whined.

"Come on Madz, don't be a grumpy gills," Kenzie said.

I laughed and hugged her. "Just looking out for you. I'd like to make sure you're not pregnant before you're twenty," I stated.

Everyone laughed, Mackenzie got out of my grip and went back to John.

"So what did Tyler have to say?" Josh asked.

"Oh nothing, he said something about his computer or whatever," I lied.

Thankfully they didn't question and believed the lie. Eventually school started and we all separated from each other. Mackenzie's still having Josh walk her to class. She's too afraid about something happening.

"Has there been anything going on with Kenz?" Paige asked.

"Ya sadly, there's still the comments and other stuff going on here."

"I hope Tyler's computer starts working soon. I can't see Mackenzie like this anymore," Nia said.

"I can't imagine what it's like at the house Maddie," Chloe stated.

"I'm paranoid all the time. I'm afraid she's cutting herself in her room. I've literally had her show me her arms everyday because I'm scared she's done it again," I explained.

"Do you think there's somewhere or something we can do to make her happy? For at least a day or something?" Kendall questioned.

I shrugged. But a thought came to mind, "the treehouse. She's always loved that since she was little."

"I forgot about the treehouse. But she did love it. We can try to go this weekend or something," Brooke said.

Well now we have a plan for something. Now if I could just figure crap out with Gino some of my problems will be taken care of.

-

I didn't see Gino at all today. He wasn't at school which was weird. But it's whatever, I drive Kenzie and I home from school.

When we get home there he is. I groaned.

"Just tell him to leave Maddie," Mackenzie said quietly.

I turned to her and sighed, "I wish I could. I have to face him at some point though."

She nodded and grabbed her bag. Her and I walk out and to the front door. Gino sat on the porch waiting for us. When he saw us he stood up.

"Hey, can we talk?" Gino asked.

I move past him and unlock the door. Kenzie runs inside.

"Kenz, go upstairs and start your homework. I'll be there in a bit to help you," I instructed.

She doesn't question me, she does as I told her and goes to her room. I turn around and let Gino inside and close the door.

"Babe, I'm so sorry," he apologizes.

"That's what you said the last time, Gino how many more times is this going to happen? I'm tired of it!"

"I understand Maddie. Please, I promise, this is the last time it will ever happen," Gino said. He puts his hands on my arms and holds me tight.

"This is your last chance, I can't keep doing this. It hurts me and it hurts Mackenzie because she hates seeing this," I explained.

"I know and I promise it won't happen again. You have my word," Gino said.

God I hope he's right.

Okay so I'm just leaving Disney world now and it was a great day. Like it was awesome.

I was in a wheelchair because I hurt my ankle, again. But it was a lot of fun. And hoping I can go again tomorrow.

QOTD: favorite Disney ride?
AOTD: carousel of progress, little mermaid, pirates of the Caribbean and space mountain

So ya that was my day hope you're a was good.

Bye loves xoxo