Chapter 16

Maddie's POV

"Who is it?" We ask.

"It was Justine Heffer, but I did more research. I figured it couldn't have been just her because she's not the brightest bulb in the lamp. It wasn't just her. There was another IP address that was there. I didn't notice the first time. So I ran the results. Turns out Victoria Dower was in on it too" Tyler explained.

"Figures they hate Mackenzie" I say.

"There's something I don't understand though. They both have the lowest GPA's in their class, they couldn't have hacked your account without help" Tyler said.

"Have you found out who helped them?" Brandon asked.

"No, I'm having a hard time finding the codes. I will try to find out as soon as possible. But it may take a few days" Tyler explained.

"Okay well we know that it was those two" Matt says.

"I wanted to inform you on what I knew so far. I will find out who help hack into your account" Tyler tells us.

I nodded and he stood up.

"I need to go. I'll work on the data, hopefully I'll find it soon enough" Tyler said.

"Wait Tyler" Brooke said.

He stops at the door and turns around.

We all think the same thing. We feel really bad.

"Stay and hang out with us for a bit" I say.

"Are you sure?" Tyler asked.

"Ya dude come sit down" Gino said.

Tyler stood there hesitantly but walked over. He sat back down and looked down at the ground.

"Okay so since we're here we can help you" Chloe smiled.

He smiled back and so we began.

"Okay first of all, to try to be popular, you need to try new things. Like listening to music everyone else listens to, or dressing like everyone else" Kendall explained.

"Ya dude, tomorrow we're going to the mall and getting you new clothes. You need an upgrade" Jacob said.

"Do I have to get rid of my glasses then?" Tyler asked.

"You don't have to, try contacts every now and then. You can always keep your glasses" I say.

Tyler nods.

"Okay so also try to talk like us" Lucas said.

"Ya, we don't use the big crazy words like you" Brandon said.

"So just basically act dumb?" Tyler questioned.

"Yes and no. See you don't want to come off to strong but you don't want to come off like you can't hold a conversation" Nia said.

"Okay, I understand" Tyler nods.

"And getting friends is just seeing what you and the other person has in common" Lauren said.

"Ya so what are something's about you? What do you like to do? Favorite music? Family?" John asked.

"My parents are lawyers, needless to say we're very well-off. I have two brothers and two sisters" Tyler explained. "I like reading, music, and obviously as you know computers and technology."

"That's awesome Ty" Ryan exclaimed.

"Ty?" Tyler questioned.

"Ya Ty, it's a nickname. Friends give each other nicknames" Matt said.

"I never had a nickname. Nor friends" Tyler mumbled.

"Well you have us" I say.

He looks up and smiled.

"Ya you have us as friends" Kendall smiled.

"Thank you" Tyler smiled.

"You're welcome" Nia said.

"Tomorrow after school were going to the mall, bring money" Paige said.

He nods.

"I may or may not be there. Let's see if Mackenzie wakes up first" I say.

"They said she might wake up today though" Kendall said.

"Ya might, she might not wake up today. Or tomorrow or the next day or ever. If she dies she's going to think it's my fault" I say.

"Madz don't think like that" Brooke cooed.

"I have my reasons" I defend.

"May I say something?" Tyler spoke up.

I look at him and nodded.

"I know what it's like to be in your position. I have an older sister, she did the same thing your sister did. She tried to kill herself. I didn't think she'd wake up either but she did. Even though I'm a more logical person, I do believe in faith and god. You just have to have faith and pray that Mackenzie will wake up" Tyler explained.

"Is that why you wanted to help us?" Gino asked.

"Yes actually. I could relate to having a sibling attempt suicide. I wanted to help you" Tyler explained.

"Thank you Tyler" I smiled.

"You're very welcome" Tyler said. "Now I need to go. I need to figure out who helped them before the computer overheats" Tyler said getting up.

He leaves and it's just the rest of us again.

"Maddie, Mackenzie's going to wake up" Paige said.

"But what if she doesn't? I'll feel guilty the rest of my life" I say.

"But it's Mackenzie here, whether or not she's mad at you she'll fight to live" John said.

"Plus if it was her time, then why was there some activity going on?" Brooke countered.

Mom walked in and sat down next to us. Before she could say something someone interrupts.

"Can everyone be quiet?" I hear.