Chapter 1

Mackenzie's POV

The sun shined into my room. I had woken up an hour earlier. Just didn't want to get out of bed. Eventually I got out of bed and got dressed for the day.

I showered and put on jeans and a t-shirt and a pair of vans. I did my hair straightening it and some natural makeup.

Running downstairs I see my older sister and my mom.

"Hey Kenz dance is today" mom told me.

I nod and grab an apple. I take a seat next to Maddie and go on my phone.

It's blowing up with notifications from Instagram. I go check it out. It's a bunch of hate comments.

I click the profile that's commenting. It's a whole hate account for me. I go through the whole account. Everything posted is hate.

Calling me fat, ugly, worthless. So many other harsh things. I want to cry but I can't. Not in front of Maddie and mom.

I look at the apple I've barely eaten and throw it away.

"Kenzie you barely ate that!" Maddie stated.

"Uh ya I uh don't feel to good" I lied.

"Well we're going out so come feel better soon" mom said.

We get up and walked to the car. Mom drove us to an audition for a movie. The audition lasted an hour then we had to run some errands.

The whole time I was still getting hate. I couldn't stop looking at my phone. I usually get hate, but I mean, nothing like this. This is an extreme level.

I don't understand what I did. I didn't post anything offensive, I didn't say anything offensive, on Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat. Not even in a recent interview I had.

I didn't do anything wrong. I don't understand why this is like this.

Usually when people hate, they're jealous. I know it sounds selfish but it's true. People want what I have. They want the fame.

I didn't ask for the fame though, it was kind of in a way given to me. The opportunity to be on the show I guess.

Eventually, I was back in reality. I was so busy in my thoughts we ran all the errands we needed to. Now we're at dance.

I get out of the car and grab my dance bag. Maddie, my mom and I walk in together. Maddie and I run to change real fast while mom talks to Abby and the other moms at the front desk.

After we finished changing, we sat in the dancers den with the girls and talked. Well... they talked, I sat on my phone reading more comments.

Worthless
Waste of space
Talentless
Loser
Freak
Fat
Fat-ass
Kill yourself
Screw-up

The comments kept coming and coming. I was afraid to say something about it, cause then it'll cause more hate.

I don't think any of the girls have noticed even though it's my public account. Knowing if they did though they'd probably say something.

"Mackenzie!" Brooke shouts.

I jumped startled and close my phone and put it face down on the ground.

"Ya sorry. What's up?" I question.

"Why so glued to your phone today?" Nia asked.

"I was just watching something" I lied.

They gave me a suspicious look, but accepted me lie.

"So how are things with you and John?" Paige asked, wiggling her eyebrows when she said John.

"It's been good" I say bluntly.

I've been dating John for three months now. We were best friends, and then we just developed feelings for each other and now we're here.

In the corner of my eye I can see the screen lighting up. The light coming from under the sides of my phone.

I sighed knowing it's more hate and just pretended to listen to their conversation. They started talking about their boyfriends I guess.

"Girls come in!" Abby shouts from studio A.

We all get up and scurried into the studio. Moms weren't far behind.

"Okay girls time for pyramid" Abby said.

She goes through the whole pyramid. Me of course on the bottom and Maddie at the top. The usual deal.

Maybe the hate is true. I don't matter I thought.

After hours at the studio mom took Maddie and I home.

I ran up to my room locking the door. I ran into my bathroom and grabbed a razor. I took it apart to get to the blade.

I finally have the blade and only the blade, I pressed it against my skin and slashed.