Chapter 29

Mackenzie's POV

I felt bad for Maddie. Gino's done this probably five other times. All those times he was drunk. Tyler was in Maddie's room for awhile until he came out.

I don't bother to really question why but I still wonder. Once he left I decided to go talk to my sister.

"Hey Madz?" I say opening her door.

"Yes Kenzie?" Maddie groaned.

I closed the door behind me and lay on Maddie's bed next to her.

"I'm sorry," I whisper.

She turns to me and smiled. She places her hand on my back and rubs my back. "Don't be sorry. It's not your fault," Maddie said.

"But I feel bad that you're sad Maddie. You always know what to say to help me feel better. I want to help you."

Maddie smiled at me, "you're helping me by just laying here with me."

I smiled back at her and we lay there for a few minutes.

"Do you want to come downstairs?" I ask.

She shakes her head, "not right now. Maybe later, go hang out with your friends," she insisted.

I nodded know if I argue I wasn't going to win, and I left. I go downstairs and lay next on John's lap. He wraps his arm around me.

"How's Maddie?" Lauren asked.

"She's upset. Really upset," I answer.

"Do you think she's going to get back together with him after this?" Hayden asked.

I shrugged. "It's Maddie, there's a great possibility that she might."

I love my sister and all, but she forgives people, especially Gino too fast. I mean he's done this how many times before? And they're still together.

The doorbell rings. I groaned not wanting to get up. Luckily Hayden was up and got it. When he returned, he came back with the rest of our group of friends.

"Where Maddie?" Brooke asked.

"Up in her room," I answered.

"Is she okay?" Kendall asked concerned.

I shrugged. To be completely honest, I don't honestly know.

"We'll go check on her," Chloe said.

All the girls when upstairs while the guys walked over and watched tv with us. Gino isn't here. He probably knows he screwed up.

"We're going to take care of Gino," Brandon said.

I nodded and laid across John again. After some time the girls came back downstairs with Maddie. She comes and sits next to me.

"You okay Madz?" Hayden asked.

She nodded slightly and rubbed her eyes. They were red and tear stained. I felt really bad for my big sister. She doesn't deserve this.

We put on a movie and after sometime Maddie went upstairs. I sighed.

"Hey, we're going to get some food, you go talk to Maddie," Brandon said.

I nodded and everyone stood up. They left the house. I sat there and sighed. Maybe they're right, Maddie does so much for me. I need to do something for Maddie.

I get up and walked upstairs to Maddie's room. I listen in and it's quiet for the most part. I opened the door and see something I don't want to see.

"Maddie! No!"

I run over and grab the razor from her hand. She looks up at me with tears in her eyes. Luckily she hasn't cut yet.

"Mackenzie give it back!" Maddie demanded standing up.

"No! Maddie, you can't do this!" I countered.

She walks and I back up until she has me cornered against the wall.

"Mackenzie Francis Ziegler, give me the razor now!" Maddie growled.

I'm kind of scared. I've never seen Maddie like this. I know she's drunk, she probably drank some more before I came in here. I look in her eyes and I see anger, and lots of it.

"Maddie, I can't" I whisper.

She grunts and punches me. I fall to the ground and hold my face. I'm still holding onto the razors. I crawl to the corner.

"Why do you even care anyways? You do it yourself! I'm surprised how you're not helping me," Maddie said.

"Maddie... please. Stop."

She turns to me. I can see something in her change. She kneels down and I flinch. Afraid she's going to hit me again.

"Maddie, don't hurt yourself. Don't be as stupid as me. Please, you're my rock. I don't want you to get hurt. Especially over Gino" I explain.

She sits down and wraps her arms around me. She puts out her hand. Hesitantly I put the razors in her hand. She puts them in the trash and hugs me.

"I'm so sorry," Maddie whispered kissing my head.

I leaned my head against her and she holds me tighter.

"Please don't cut Maddie" I say.

"I won't," Maddie said.

"Promise?" I asked putting my pinky out.

"Pinky," she smiled wrapping her pinky around mine.

Here's an update.

I'm so stressed rn because I have a so many drafts of new stories I'm going to write and I'm not sure which one I want to do.

There's so many and I only know one I really want to do. So we'll see what happens.

But hope you enjoyed the update.

Bye loves xoxo