Chapter 9

Mackenzie's POV

I have the stupid parent teacher meeting today. Then tomorrow I have to go to therapy. I don't want to go. It's stupid.

I get up and get dress. I don't even try. I just put on jeans, a long sleeve shirt and vans. Not going to have the blonde club see my cuts. I won't hear the end of it.

Once I finish I go downstairs and grab my stuff.

"Mackenzie eat" Maddie said.

"No we're going to be late" I say.

"I don't care eat" Maddie said stubbornly.

"Maddie if I'm late one more time I'm getting a lunch detention" I tell her.

She grunted.

"Fine but lunch you're eating" she tells me.

I nodded knowing I won't actually eat and her and I head out to the car. The drive is mostly quiet except for the car radio playing.

Maddie pulled up to school right next to Kendall's car. We both get out and walk up to the front with Kendall and Nia.

"Hello!" We greeted.

"Hey what's up?" Gino says hugging Maddie.

I go straight to John and hug him tightly.

"You okay babe?" He whispers in my ear.

I shake my head.

"What's wrong?" John asked.

"Come over later. I'll tell you then. Then everyone else can come too" I say.

"Okay babe whatever you need" he says.

I nodded and looked at the time. I said goodbye to everyone and walked off to class. I tried not to be spotted by the blonde club but it didn't really work out too well.

"What you up to Ziegler?" Victoria said pinning me against the wall.

"Just walking to class" I say.

"So we have a goodie goodie here don't we?" Brandi questioned.

"Look I've never done anything to you! Why do you pick on me?"

"Because the wrong people get to be famous" Victoria snarled.

"And you don't deserve to be famous" Justine said.

I don't say anything but then I'm punched. I fell the the ground and then kicked in the stomach. I hold my stomach and start coughing while they ran off laughing.

I groaned then slowly got up. I look at the clock and see I have 50 seconds to get to class.

"Shit!" I say.

I ran to my class, getting there right when the bell rang.

"Ah Mackenzie, I see you just made it, you got lucky" Ms. Noffsinger said.

I nodded out of breath and sat down.

As I went through the lesson I dreaded the end of the day. Knowing Mom and Dad are coming here, going to have a meeting with my teachers.

I have to be there. Maddie will me there too, she said if I have to be there she has to be there.

My phone went off, I look down and see a text from Maddie in our group chat.

Hey Kenz, heard someone punched you. Is it true? U okay?

I sighed and turned my phone off. I know they're going to be exploding my phone with texts.