Chapter 6

Mackenzie's POV

I opened the door to the tree house and smiled. I walk in and close the door. Walking around I see everything we had left in the exact same place.

It's been a few months since I last came here. Since we all came here actually. The girls, my friends, our boyfriends and I came here all the time when we were younger.

This was my favorite place in the world. It still is. It's my safe haven.

I sit on one of the beanbags we had. Looking around I see the various decorations and posters we had hung up.

I smiled.

I pick up a ball to my left and hold it in my hand. I put it back down and look down at my hands.

I pull my phone out, being exploded by everyone and the hate.

I scroll through the hate and soon tears start to blur my vision.

"Why?" I say.

I sniffled and looked around.

"Why me? Why... fucking me?" I choke.

I start cry full on sobs. I sob loud choking sobs.

"I don't understand! I don't do anything!" I scream.

I pace around the room and fell to my knees. I cried ten times harder than I already was.

"Why me? Why me?" I repeat.

I grab my bag and open it up. I search through it. I found what I needed.

I take the scissors and place it against my skin. I slash it multiple times.

I started shaking. The scissors now covered in blood. My wrist, blood dripping down it.

I sniffled again and I grab a towel that we left since there's a lake it far from here where we used to swim. I clean up the blood and just continue crying.

My phone goes off for the thousandth time. I finally decide to answer.

On the phone:
Mackenzie: hello?
Maddie: Mackenzie where the hell are you?
Mackenzie: don't worry about it
Maddie: what the hell Mackenzie?!
Brooke: we are not playing games with you. Tell us where you are so we can come pick you up
Mackenzie: I can take care of myself
John: babe please where are you?
Mackenzie: John please I'm fine. I'll come home when I want to. I want to be alone right now
Jacob: fine we'll let you be
Mackenzie: thank you
Chloe: we'll be at your house. We'll see you soon
Off the phone

I hung up and brought my knees to my chest.

I don't know how long I sat there for. It must've awhile since the sun had started to set. Then the phone calls and texts started coming again.

I get up and grab my stuff.

"I'll see you soon" I say exiting the tree house.

I walk through the woods and find my way back home. Which was a great thirteen minutes.

I stand in front of my house. I see multiple cars in the driveway and sighed. Of course they'd all be there. Adding the mothers and Abby and Gianna. This is just a formula for disaster.