Chapter 32

Mackenzie's POV

I know Maddie's upset about something. I could tell all last night she was off. I couldn't ask her though. She'd just say it's nothing and that I wouldn't understand.

Today at school Tyler didn't come and greet us. I didn't see Tyler at all. It was weird. All of today felt weird. From the moment I woke up.

I walked to class alone. I told Josh to let me try a day by myself. Lately there's only been the name calling and some stuff with that stupid list, but nothing physical.

As I walked through the halls I see the blonde club. I want to run, but that's not going to help me in the long run.

I continue minding my own business and pretend I didn't see them. It worked until they approached me.

"Long time Ziegler," Brandi laughed.

"Ya it was peaceful without you," I say.

They gave me a look. Then Justine grabs me by the neck and pushes me against the wall.

"You have no room to talk Ziegler. As long as we're here your life will be a living hell," Justine scoffed.

"Says who?"

"Says us. You're nothing in this school, you're a waste of perfectly good yearbook space, do you honestly think someone's going to stop us?" Victoria laughed.

"Maddie."

They laughed, "speaking of Maddie she must really love Gino. Especially after he kissed me, she can't let him go apparently," Justine said.

"Ya what does he give her that she can't just get rid of him? Sex?" Brandi said.

"Maddie's not a slut!" I say.

"You're only saying that to defend her. We all know little miss perfect has to have one flaw," Victoria said.

That's when I lost it. I pushed them off of me and I lost it. I started swinging on them.

"Nobody calls my sister a slut!" I say.

They look up and laugh, "get her," Victoria commanded.

I'm then tackled and beaten senselessly.

"Get off of her!" Someone shouts. All three of them are pushed off of me. I look up and see the guys.

"You okay Mackenzie?" Brandon asked picking me up.

I don't say anything just hug all of them. When I got to John I didn't want to let go. He held me tightly.

"What happened Mack?" Lauren asked.

I turn around and see all the girls standing there concerned.

"They were calling Maddie a slut. I got mad and I fought them. But they fought back," I explain.

"You fought them?" Chloe asked

I nodded, "I couldn't let them call Maddie a slut."

They smiled and hugged me. "Next time, fight for you. But thank you Kenzie," Maddie smiled.

I nodded and smiled back.

"Where's Gino and Tyler?" I asked.

"We're not sure. Tyler is probably working on the hacker though," Paige said.

I nodded and we all started walking. We walked down to the computer lab and see Tyler sitting there. He looks sad to me.

"Hey you okay Tyler?"

He looks up shocked. "Ya I uh I'm just tired," he said.

I nodded and we take seats all around him.

"I'm really close to finding who it is. Once I do we can all go our separate ways," Tyler said.