1. The Shame / Rușinea

⌛

English version

I threw myself to the ground after the last blow, which was the decisive one. My arms were tired and it was impossible to get back on my feet. I was defeated! I gritted my teeth thinking that my parents were also in the same room seeing my failure and I was ashamed. I punched the floor making a despair sound. It was my helplessness crying out from within, I couldn't match it. He was much better than me. I pushed my hair from my face, looking back at my opponent.

Heimaru was looking at me with a devilish grin, crooked teeth ruining his smile. I breathed hard, pushing into my hands to get up, but it was impossible, I was defeated.

"You're a disgrace!" My father's voice made my heart beat even faster.

I was shocked by turning my gaze in the direction the voice came from. His hard gaze burned me, his hands clasped together on his chest. Eyebrows lift up, aware that I was showing a face he hated. Mercy.

My bottom lip began to tremble uncontrollably as he approached me. His right hand went to the sword he always had stiffly in the sheath at his waist. He stepped, dragging the sharp point of his sword on the cold concrete of the training hall.

I looked behind him, seeing my mother with a scared face. She couldn't resist seeing me like this, but Dad wouldn't have any plug of compassion

"This ends here, with blood you will wash away the shame of our family." His legs hurried to reach my feet.

I pulled my limbs, trying to curl up, I just wanted it to be over. Let that goddamn sword go through me and I'll go to hell. He raised his sword in the air, above his head looking at me with those eyes devoid of mercy and compassion. I raised my head watching his movement and once I saw the sword move I closed my eyes. It was what I wanted. I'm going to hell.

A metallic sound was suddenly heard, and a cold breeze of air whipped my face. I opened my eyes to see my father's sword being blocked by another sword. I looked up at the person to my right, seeing my older brother, who had tangled his sword with my father's. His hand was firm, unwavering, any gesture would result in halving me. I opened my eyes looking at him and I didn't understand. He was not allowed to interfere with our father's ritual or he would be flogged to exhaustion. A few tears came to the corner of my eyes, but I tried to hold them back as much as I could. Any hint of helplessness would attract my father's hatred.

Dad turned to him, fixing him with the same murderous look. I felt released for a few seconds, until he turned to me.

"You are a disgrace. Both!" He screamed loudly.

I bowed my head, pulling my knees to my chest. I hit my forehead on my knee countless times, it was the last thing I could do. I closed my eyes immediately.