It's Over, Isn't It?

War and glory, reinvention, fusion, freedom, her attention. Out in daylight, my potential. Bold, precise, experimental.

My favorite Steven Universe song is Stronger Than You, obviously. But many people seem to overlook the fact that this song is truly amazing.

I mean, everyone wants to be Garnet of course, because she's the best of all the gems. She the strongest and most confident, but that's because she's  made of love. When it comes to the songs, I sing Garnet's parts.

But I never realized how much I'm like Pearl. Pearl, my least favorite of the gems, she is insecure, fragile, and broken. No one really understands her because they don't truly know her. And the only one who she felt truly knew her, is gone.

Pearl mourns for a decade over the loss of Rose Quartz, for thousands of years, Pearl fought alongside Rose Quartz in the Gem rebellion. She loved Rose to the point of obsession, and Rose loved Greg. And she never understood why it wasn't her.

After all those years, I never thought I'd lose.

Everything Pearl ever did in her entire existence, she did for Rose Quartz. And now that shes gone, she has no clue what to do on her own. Pearl is moderately emotionally unstable, and often has bursts of anger, sometimes saying things she doesn't mean, but never apologizing for them. Pearl has a consistent need to be right, has a large array of knowledge of things, loving to flaunt it, in the hopes to boost her confidence.

Petty and dull, with the nerve to doubt her

Pearl is somewhat rude to gems that act "childish", she often acts like everything is fine, but it has been 14 years since Rose gave up her form for Steven, and it still crushes Pearl inside. Now having to accept the fact that her chance to be with Rose, is gone.

She regrets every action she took, and more the ones she didn't take, because they led her to not be with Rose, she questions herself constantly, without Rose's guidance, and still doesn't know how to live without her, and looks for some of her in everyone she meets.

But no matter how much time passes, even if life goes on. Pearl's deep love for Rose Quartz will stay, even if I'm the tiniest piece of her heart. Because it's a love that lingers

It's Over Isn't It, why can't I move on?