All of the Below

Every day at 7:00 PM, I cross out the days on my calendar, because when it is 7:00 in New York, it's midnight in England, and if I don't do it then, then I won't do it at all. And I, like most people agree that England is better than America, despite never having been there.

So, I guess I'm just mainstream in that way.

People act like being mainstream is a bad thing, but like, if that's what you are then that's what you are. Hipsters tend to go out of their way just to do the exact opposite of whatever is popular, just for the sake of being "different". When to be honest, no matter what we do, we are all generally the same. Seeming different is just a way that we as people keep our higher opinions of ourselves

Having a high opinion of yourself doesn't make you a bad person, confidence is always a good thing to have, as long as it doesn't turn into arrogance. But, even if you are arrogant, who am I to judge you for that. Putting you down, and making you feel bad for your arrogance, implies that I think that I am better than you, which is a pretty arrogant thing to do myself, therefore making me a hypocrite.

Not like, we shame hypocrisy in American culture, as long as you say what is popular according to the views of society, you can say one thing one day and say something else the next. Fuck being a good person, you know?

But what is a good person? Good is an objective term, one may see evil and perceive her good, (check out my poem That Which is Evil, in my "Poems of a Random" book), while someone else, vice versa. In my erratic moments of insecurity, I sometimes ask my friend and family how you can tell if you're a good person or not, and if I am a good person. They always reply with, a yes, that I am. According to their definitions of 'good', but I don't ever really take heed to their answers, I mean, why should I? They could be lying to me for all I know. But, if I wasn't a god person, then why are they still associating with me. Aside from my family, they can leave as they please.

But I had to realize that their definitions of 'good' did not matter when it came to me. I am the only one that can decide whether or not I am a good person. And if that sounds, super cliche or tumblr-esque, well then...I guess I'm mainstream in that way as well.

Deal with it.