Chapter 20

Aries POV
Chris hasn't spoken much since his boss died. Seems like a part of him died too. It's been a few months. He doesn't come home at times but he'll text me he's safe. I'm starting to show more due to being about 4 months now with a babyboy but still haven't gotten the chance to tell him. I of course had to stop working the pole because going upside down is gonna make me light headed. So my boss let me work with Algee behind the bar and payed me a little extra understanding of my situation. I also got a job after school at a store. I started hiding my small bump with oversized sweaters that I already wore regularly bc of the spring weather. All I ever think about is Chris and how much I miss him. The real HIM. Not the Chris he turning into.

I walked out of school lost in thought and was walking through the parking lot when suddenly a black car with black ass tints on the window swerved in front of me

I walked out of school lost in thought and was walking through the parking lot when suddenly a black car with black ass tints on the window swerved in front of me. My heart began to beat out my chest as the window slowly rolled down.

"I thought you might want a ride to the strip instead of walking AJ" Algee stated while smiling. A smile spread across my face and I shook my head getting in.

"Don't be scaring me like that Algee. What happened to your other car ?" I asked while reclining the seat as he drives.

"Need something new so I traded it in and just payed the difference. Why you ain't drive today? I ain't see ya car in the lot" he asked while grabbing a bag from the back seat and putting it in my lap.

"My mother doesn't think it's a good idea I drive when I'm gonna be out late because of drunk drivers and shit. What's this?" I ask looking at the mint green gift bag.

"Well I thought these are some things you might like. I seen some of it and thought of you. You're a great woman and friend. And you're gonna be a great mom. So you deserve to be rewarded for that. " he smiled softly parking his car in the strip lot.

I smiled and put my attention back on the bag. There was tacos and hot wings which made me laugh because he knows I'm always hungry especially now. But there was a gold butterfly necklace with the diamonds tracing the wings. And the last thing in there was a baby pacifier and bib that says "Momma's King". I smiled and just hugged him

"Thank you so much Algee. Not only for the gifts but always being here for me. " I hugged him tight. As he hugged me back.

"Don't thank me bro. You cool peoples. Like my best friend. When you need me I'll always be there. " he says chuckling pulling away from the hug but still close to my face.

I giggled a little then looking into his eyes. I kinda got lost in them. We both got lost in the moment. We both glanced down at each other lips but back up and started to get out the car. Ugh I need my baby back.

🌀🌀🌀

I was mixing drinks with Algee behind the bar as we laughed and made jokes when suddenly I seen Chris walk in alone. I'm assuming he didn't know I was here because this isn't my regular work day but then again he doesn't keep much tabs on me anymore. My eyes followed as he walked it. He flaunted pass all the waitress that walk around in booty shorts and bralettes and heels grabbing their ass obviously drunk due to his little stumbling. I broke my gaze and continued to mix drinks blinking away my tears.