Chapter 12: Awakening

Start from the beginning

"Sorry but I didn't ask your name, would you mind telling me what it is?" Mizuki asked as the girl pushed open a door.

"My name? Oh its Kaori, I hope you enjoy your time in the palace. Its been a long time since the princess has had any visitors here, mostly she just gives rooms to those of us who lost our homes in the Galaxia attack. Thats what my mama tells me anyway." Kaori said to Mizuki as they continued down more corridors. "Sorry this is taking so long, we had to move the dining hall since the last one was destroyed." Kaori apologised.

"Its ok, so you live in the palace do you?" Mizuki asked.

"Yeah, although we live a while away from here. We don't live in the same wings as you or the princess, but we do live in the palace." Kaori explained.

"So who's here with you?" Mizuki asked wanting to know more about the young girl.

"Well its me, mama, papa, Misaki and Yoko. I'm the oldest so I work with mama and papa while the others stay in the servants quarters, they get in the way some times so I have to check on them when I have some spare time during the day." Kaori said and then pushed open a large door embossed with gold, it was a little heavy so Mizuki helped the young girl to open it. "Here you go miss, it was nice to meet you." And with that the spirited young girl ran out of the room to attend to her duties.

Mizuki smiled when she saw all her friends seated around the large table, Princess Kakyuu was seated at the head of the table and rose to her feet when she saw Mizuki.

"Please come and sit Mizuki, we've been awaiting your arrival." The princess said again taking her seat.

"Sorry it took a while, I had one of the servants show me the way." Mizuki said and took a seat next to Tia.

Mizuki looked and noticed that each of the girls was dressed in the same dress as her, they were just all different colours. Tia's was light and dark green, Juliet's was pale pink with blue accents, Ariel's was pale yellow and pink and Elara's was grey and purple. Waiters then came and began serving food to the girls, the starter was a blue soup but it tasted to Mizuki of peas so she named it the blue pea soup. Next there was a roasted joint served with mashed potato that was purple, carrots that were yellow and a clear sauce. It was all delicious and Mizuki found her self feeling wonderfully full, she never ate much because it always made her feel sick when she went training. But now she found her self craving more, and it didn't give her a horribly full feeling like on earth.

"This food is amazing!" Ariel exclaimed while wiping some sauce from the corner of her mouth.

"I am glad you enjoyed it, I had my servants work all day to prepare this meal for us. And I must say they did a wonderful job, now girls I would like to ask you all something." The princess started.

"Please ask away Princess." Juliet said while placing her fork onto the table.

"As you've been told by Maker and Healer, we've been plagued by monsters. Unlike anything we've ever faced before, and now thanks to you Mizuki we now know their names. Youma, is that correct?" The princess asked looking at Mizuki.

"Yes, my mother and her friends fought them when they first became scouts. They are all different and have unique skills, mama said that they were especially difficult to beat once they had reached their goal." Mizuki stated placing her cutlery down on the table.

"Real goal?" Kakyuu asked.

"Yes, when my mother and her scouts fought them they were after energy and the silver crystal. They would brainwash people to get what they want, and mama still has nightmares about them." Mizuki said and shuddered at the memories of her mother screaming in the middle of the night.