2.9

"I'm leaving now

"I'm leaving now."

Spencer spoke down the phone to his wife who was waiting in their tempory apartment: they both hated the place, it didn't feel like home and it was unfamiliar. The time since they had gotten the letter had been hectic and full of fear but they knew that the horrid apartment was helping them stay safe.

Spencer had lived in his own place for so long that he wasn't sure how to operate in a different one especially since he hated change as much as he did. However, Margo was his real home and keeping her safe meant more than the place he spent most of his time in.

"You need to get some food." She told him, just the sound of her voice made his lips turn up. "There's nothing here."

"What do you want?" He asked as he lifted his hand to wave at the older receptionist of the BAU.

"I know you'll go for Indian but I'm really craving a pizza."

"I can deal with a pizza. What type?"

"Normal. A large one though. And chocolate." She hummed at the thought. "I'm so hungry."

"There was some fruit in the fridge." He informed her.

"I ate it all yesterday." She laughed with humourous guilt. "I think being stuck in this house is making me go slightly crazy."

"It sounds like it." He agreed with a chuckle. "I'll be back in about an hour."

"Sounds good, love you."

"I love you too."

He smiled as he brought the phone away from his ear and clicked the end call button. Margo never hung up -- she always felt rude doing it and waited for the other person to. Spencer thought it was adorable.

The air was chilly as he walked across the street from the BAU building, his hair moved about in the wind, blowing into his eyes and frustrating him slightly. As he tucked it behind his ears he stumbled a little bit towards a large bush.

A miniscule snapping was heard, most people wouldn't have noticed it but Spencer was trained. He stopped, his eyes scanning around for anything unusual. Another sound occured: a rustling. Spencer turned to look at the source before something heavy flew through the air and hit his head harshly. His legs gave way underneath him as he fell and his breathing slowed.

Margo lay comfortably on the couch but not quite as comfortable as she was usually on the couch at home. She looked around at the strange place with weird abstract paintings on the wall before her eyes went to the clock.

"Spencer should be home by now." 

Perhaps it was niggling paranoia or maybe she actually sensed something bad but she felt the need to call her husband to make sure that he was okay. She got no answer.

As if in some sort of trance, she glided into the bedroom and bent down underneath the bed where there was a locked sade. The code was the date of their wedding, Spencer hadn't exclusively told her what it was but she could guess. Inside the safe was Spencer's spare gun. Margo had expressed an interest in learning how to shoot but Spencer hadn't wanted her involved in things like that. She had watched a lot of movies so she thought she could wing knowing how to shoot.

Slipping the gun into the pocket of her oversized hoodie, she made her way out of the complex and into her car. Driving to the BAU had became a regular occurance for the woman so she got there easily and went to the only person who appeared to still be working, Aaron Hotchner.

"Margo, is something wrong?" He asked with shock to see her.

"I was just wondering where Spence was."

"He left almost two hours ago."

"I spoke to him around then and he said he was leaving but he hasn't came home." Her tone quickened more and more tense.

"Have you called him?"

"He's not answering." She began to panic. "Oh my god!"

Hotch stood up from his chair and made his way over to the girl, placing his hands onto her shoulders. "Calm down, Margo. I'm sure he's fine."

"No!" She shook my head avidly. "He'd never just go missing and Thomas Lorpin is out there! What if h-"

"Margo, I think you need t-"

"I need to find Spence!" She yelled stepping away from him, her hand grasping the metal object in her pocket. "It's Thomas, I know it."

"Let me drive you home, you should sleep." He tried to reason.

"I'll sleep when he's dead."

She turned and began to run as fast as she possibly could ignoring Hotch's shouts from behind her until she had locked herself into her car and regained a steady breath. She was as determined as she was scared but Spencer came above anything else she felt. It he was hurt she would never forgive herself.

"That twat best not hurt my husband."

Suddenly her phone began to buzz, illuminating the dark night before going back to silent stillness. An unknown number popped onto her screen and she clicked on the message as she inhaled deeply.

Orange street train line in 1 hour if you want him back.